Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah, I get it from sailing the high seas, although we wait til the season is finished and binge through it.

I have a problem with the german wife! 

I can aquire it but she likes to watch things with German subtitles, especially if it's American, its going to bug me for the rest of the day but there was a colloquialism on an episode she watched this morning

she tried watching the wire with English subtitles but she lasted about 20 minutes, I think the 2nd or 3rd sentence in the opening scene is something "they were round the corner throwing bones" I know thats rolling dice, she was completely lost 

• Haha 2

Finally watched Squid Game after coming back off holiday. Really enjoyed it. Made Netflix major bank so you fan guarantee a second season will be coming asap 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I have a problem with the german wife! 

I can aquire it but she likes to watch things with German subtitles, especially if it's American, its going to bug me for the rest of the day but there was a colloquialism on an episode she watched this morning

she tried watching the wire with English subtitles but she lasted about 20 minutes, I think the 2nd or 3rd sentence in the opening scene is something "they were round the corner throwing bones" I know thats rolling dice, she was completely lost 

You could download it from the high seas and also download a German .srt file for German subtitles.

Just now, Seat68 said:

I only download stuff for my parents. It seems old fashioned these days. I stream everything via Plex. 

I need to give it a go again, I've got the app on my TV but then couldn't understand the first step of how it all works 

19 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I only download stuff for my parents. It seems old fashioned these days. I stream everything via Plex. 

Is there some repository that has free streaming of basically everything on Plex or what? I use it to stream what I've downloaded on my laptop to the TV, but it would be much better if I didn't have to download anything in the first place. I feel like this is something I should already know about...

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is there some repository that has free streaming of basically everything on Plex or what? I use it to stream what I've downloaded on my laptop to the TV, but it would be much better if I didn't have to download anything in the first place. I feel like this is something I should already know about...

This is my experience. A few years ago on a sub Reddit (search Google for Plex shares Reddit) a guy was offering a share for £14 a month, my daughter's boyfriend used it so it came recommended. I use that and the guy has a slack channel for requests but on the whole if it's out there, he has it. TV and films. I have Plex on an Nvidia shield and this streams pretty well for me. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2021 at 12:01, sharkyvilla said:

I enjoyed the first series as I like silly teen American drama but the second has some of the most implausible plot turns imaginable, almost like the writers are taking the piss.  The leading girl is incredibly attractive though so I've kept watching.

Just caught up on it after having a hiatus. I see what you mean. It’s the most unbelievable stuff ever. None of it could or would happen.

• Like 1

Completely hooked on Dopesick. Don't like how they are portraying the main Sackler family guy as "trying to cure pain" however weird he comes across. They were all money grabbing smack dealers. 

String the whole family up in the street IMO.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 19:00, bickster said:

2d63255222d171195656c40e2c224caf--george

oh and

ebbca030648c7c87c531257028_AzU2ZWMzNDc3M

This this this. 

Cheers & M*A*S*H beat Scrubs & Parks and Rec into a pulp. 

Although this may of course be a generational thing. 

• Like 2

On 15/10/2021 at 14:19, rjw63 said:

Never know, it might be her thing, hopefully.

There's one for the wank bank.

Wait, what? 

What's happened to the rude word filter? 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This this this. 

Cheers & M*A*S*H beat Scrubs & Parks and Rec into a pulp. 

Although this may of course be a generational thing. 

M*A*S*H is absolutely brilliant but I wouldn't rate it above Parks and Rec personally. 

Probably beats Scrubs

Always Sunny and Seinfeld blow them all out of the water

Â