Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 01/05/2020 at 15:23, chappy said:

Was just coming in here to post pretty much the same thing! Last few episodes particularly good. 

Hide contents

Lalo (Sp?) is fantastic 

I like Kim’s character arc - interested to see how they finish her off in the final season

Mike is brilliant but we already knew that

Spoiler

Love the weird bits of insane athletisicm they have him do. He's built up as some sort of all-powerful freak surviving the last ep as well.

Can't remember if Kim is ever mentioned in BB. Be interesting to see what they do with her. I'm glad Mike is safe.

Few years ago now, but fairly recent for me. I hated Chuck.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:
  Hide contents

Love the weird bits of insane athletisicm they have him do. He's built up as some sort of all-powerful freak surviving the last ep as well.

Can't remember if Kim is ever mentioned in BB. Be interesting to see what they do with her. I'm glad Mike is safe.

Few years ago now, but fairly recent for me. I hated Chuck.

I would imagine that (Spoiler'd but it's all my own speculation. No inside knowledge)

Spoiler

Kim will die. It will be the final straw that pushes Saul over the edge into complete "bad" guy.

They could probably do the same with her leaving him in some way, or turning on him, but I imagine she'll die and it'll be his fault. Like something he got her into

• Like 1

Have enjoyed Grayson Perry’s Art Club on C4, Monday nights.

only 2 episodes so far and looking forward to next week.

A nice bit of calm programming before I switch up a gear for Celeb Sas training straight after 😂 

Started fleabag seeing as it gets amazing reviews, didn't instantly grab me if I'm honest, the 4th wall stuff takes some getting used to and some of it seems overly cringey on purpose (the teeth guy for example) think as they've added some depth to her via her sister and her dad it's got a bit better, it's solid enough and I'll finish it but I'm not in the 10/10 crowd 

• Confused 1

Flack season 1.

I like it. Although after 3 episodes Anna Paquin hasn't got naked yet, that's quite unusual.

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Started fleabag seeing as it gets amazing reviews, didn't instantly grab me if I'm honest, the 4th wall stuff takes some getting used to and some of it seems overly cringey on purpose (the teeth guy for example) think as they've added some depth to her via her sister and her dad it's got a bit better, it's solid enough and I'll finish it but I'm not in the 10/10 crowd 

I was this too.

Decent show. I didnt' think it was amazing.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

What did HBO do to Westworld???

didn’t last an episode of S3 - way too pretentious and the pace was soooo slow. 

loved the first 2 seasons but will have to leave it at that. 

That's a shame. I've had a couple of friends say S3 is really good. It was almost enough to get me to watch past S1!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

What did HBO do to Westworld???

didn’t last an episode of S3 - way too pretentious and the pace was soooo slow. 

loved the first 2 seasons but will have to leave it at that. 

I loved Season 1. Thought it was brilliant. Season 2 lost me somewhat, and I feel like Season 3 is a slight improvement on Season 2. 

It's a show I've struggled with on a weekly basis as you have to be fully engaged at least in an attempt to understand it. In hindsight I think I might have enjoyed Season 1 so much because I was able to binge it and put the pieces together more easily.

There have been parts of S2 and S3 which I have not understood, but maybe that's because I either haven't paid enough attention or I'm not smart enough to fully comprehend what's happening.

• Like 1

A large part of S3 could have been an interesting starting season to a totally different series.

It had some parts that tied together with the rest of Westworld S1 & 2 but if was a very different beast.

• Like 2

First episode of Devs - sufficiently intriguing, and can see the Alex Garland influence. 

Also started Medici - the Netflix series from a few years ago. First episode not too bad. Hope it's a decent series, as I've found myself fascinated by this period over the past year or two thanks to books and er, Assassin's Creed. 

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

I loved Season 1. Thought it was brilliant. Season 2 lost me somewhat, and I feel like Season 3 is a slight improvement on Season 2. 

It's a show I've struggled with on a weekly basis as you have to be fully engaged at least in an attempt to understand it. In hindsight I think I might have enjoyed Season 1 so much because I was able to binge it and put the pieces together more easily.

There have been parts of S2 and S3 which I have not understood, but maybe that's because I either haven't paid enough attention or I'm not smart enough to fully comprehend what's happening.

You could be right with being in the right frame of mind for it but don’t think I’ll revisit it for now. 

I like being challenged by a programme’s storyline and/or meaning but even with the plodding pace of S3 I found it incomprehensible (and half suspect intentionally so)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

First episode of Devs - sufficiently intriguing, and can see the Alex Garland influence. 

Not 'influence' - it IS Alex Garland. Wrote it, directed it. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Not 'influence' - it IS Alex Garland. Wrote it, directed it. 

Starred in it, wrote the theme tune. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 05/05/2020 at 18:04, VILLAMARV said:
  Hide contents

I don't know what you're talking about, I just wanted to join in it looked fun.

Donald Trump's brain when he sees clever science people. "I don't know what you're talking about, I just wanted to join in it looked fun.  Are you sure it's M squared,  I heard different"

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Thanks 1

Â