Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Homeland in spite of the main character.

Decent enough but could have been great had the creators made some different decisions early on.

7.3/10

Season 4 ep 12, what the actual f...……. that was a chore and almost gave up there and then.

Would like to have seen the whole thing centered around Saul or Quinn instead of Carrie. 

Loved Lockhart, great actor, played Henry Ford in Ford v Ferrari..... brilliant.

• Like 2

4 episodes in to Code404 and to be honest, it stinks. Its pretty dreadful. The first episode showed promise, but its painful watching at least 2 fantastic actors working with the script. 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2020 at 11:40, Phil Silvers said:

Watch it as a comedy and it took me a little while to get into it, u will hate all off them as it goes on maybe, its good

I'm officially a fan now ;)

Shiv is quite the minx, Roman is a spineless little tit, Tom is a total bellend, Dad is a psycho, I quite like Kendall, sometimes. Connor reminds me what a good job he'd have done playing Brian Wilson in "Love & Mercy" instead of John Cusack :)

• Like 1

Watched Anti Viral Wipe last night. Was so good to have Charlton Brooker back on the telly but it did feel like he was playing it a bit safe. Admittedly difficult to find the right balance while the whole thing is still ongoing but I thought it was ok. 
For those among you who aren’t fans, there’s a prolonged session of Cunk at the end. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm officially a fan now ;)

Shiv is quite the minx, Roman is a spineless little tit, Tom is a total bellend, Dad is a psycho, I quite like Kendall, sometimes. Connor reminds me what a good job he'd have done playing Brian Wilson in "Love & Mercy" instead of John Cusack :)

Season 2 is👌

Brassic on Sky One is an absolute gem. Went in to S1 expecting it to be a  bit crap, but it was proper laugh out loud funny. S2 has continued in a similar vein. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Brassic on Sky One is an absolute gem. Went in to S1 expecting it to be a  bit crap, but it was proper laugh out loud funny. S2 has continued in a similar vein. 

Love Joe Gilgun and keep meaning to watch this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Love Joe Gilgun and keep meaning to watch this. 

He’s ace in it. 

Give it a go, honestly it’s so funny. Very few gags miss the mark and it rattles along at a right old pace. If you aren’t cry-laughing at the chloroform episode in S1 there’s something wrong. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If not this then some of the 30 for 30 or the OJ one, id probably give the OJ one the nod or 2 escobars 

all done by ESPN too, not sure if Disney+ gives access to 30 for 30, forgot to look when I did the trial

Disappointingly, you don’t get the ESPN stuff included on Disney+ the UK, but they do a stand-alone subscription over here with all the films and 30 for 30 docs, so I think I’m gonna give that a go next month. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

4 episodes in to Code404 and to be honest, it stinks. Its pretty dreadful. The first episode showed promise, but its painful watching at least 2 fantastic actors working with the script. 

You got further than I managed... Danny mays was atrocious in it and has little or no comic chops 

cant believe Stephen Graham agreed to doing it - he looks embarrassed most of the time!

• Like 2

Started watching white lines on Netflix last night. All about a woman looking for the truth about her DJ brother's death in ibiza (or "beefah" as the young uns say) 20 years ago. 

Very promising. No cryptic twists (so far), just easy viewing with a fair amount of nookie on show which can't be a bad thing and some bangin' tunes too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Started watching white lines on Netflix last night. All about a woman looking for the truth about her DJ brother's death in ibiza (or "beefah" as the young uns say) 20 years ago. 

Very promising. No cryptic twists (so far), just easy viewing with a fair amount of nookie on show which can't be a bad thing and some bangin' tunes too.

It's by the La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) creator apparently so that might be an indicator of where it will develop.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I started that too, can't beat a good orgy scene. 

• Haha 1

I spent my morning watching The Virtues on All4, brilliant as ever from Meadows and Graham. Great performance too from Niamh Algar who I could look at all day. The supposed Irish setting couldn't have looked more English if they tried though which would be my only gripe with it. Overall a brilliantly harrowing experience watching it and it puts life in perspective for a while.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone seen the latest Rick and Morty? I can’t think where I’ve seen similar Samurai Robot  outfits before? Can anyone shed any Light on it?

Gundam

Megaman / Zero

Edit - maybe Kamen Rider. Or even Power Rangers.

Edited by Chindie

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No don’t recognise any of those names (well power rangers but I never watched that)

Loads of Japanese anime stuff has robot samurai aesthetics so it's hard to nail down one particular source...

Gundam

e42854d546db4c10eead902f890a8811.jpg

Megaman, Zero

latest?cb=20190127075055

latest?cb=20200417234937

Kamen Rider (there's **** billions of these...)

340?cb=20190210074304

Samurai Pizza Cats

A1240-2955543925.1365410624.jpg

Mazinger

c17a2629768038edbe139e6b6e8c9e69.jpg

Guyver

14927a7c20ca22f74d0faec8ff68632e.jpg

And probably dozens more.

• Thanks 1

Â