Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Binge watched Gangs of London the past few days... it was pretty shit but strangely compelling watching .... Don’t get me wrong I love a bit of gore in films and I get it’s his MO but what could have been a good crime drama was ruined by the OTT use of bad guys machine gunning down people left right and centre 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Donald Trump's brain when he sees clever science people. "I don't know what you're talking about, I just wanted to join in it looked fun.  Are you sure it's M squared,  I heard different"

I liked it better the first time 😅

Edit: as in pre edit, not when I said it😀

Edited by VILLAMARV
Clarification
  • Haha 1

Finished Gangs of London.

Meh.

After 4 episodes I thought it was **** brilliant. By the end it was just too convoluted and silly. It lost all the tension and excitement of the first few episodes.

Spoiler

Once everyone started killing everyone else there was no drama left. I didn't even care about Elliot by the end. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Binge watched Gangs of London the past few days... it was pretty shit but strangely compelling watching .... Don’t get me wrong I love a bit of gore in films and I get it’s his MO but what could have been a good crime drama was ruined by the OTT use of bad guys machine gunning down people left right and centre 

Glad I read that review before starting to watch it, as I had been tempted by some of the comments on here, but honestly not very interested in over-the-top silly violence. Maybe I'll get my crime fix by going back to watch Top Boy from the beginning rather than confusingly having come into it somewhere in the middle.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Glad I read that review before starting to watch it, as I had been tempted by some of the comments on here, but honestly not very interested in over-the-top silly violence. Maybe I'll get my crime fix by going back to watch Top Boy from the beginning rather than confusingly having come into it somewhere in the middle.

I'm not sure the violence itself is silly. It's very graphic and probably one of the most violent shows I've seen on British TV. But it's realistic violence, if that makes sense. It's not like cartoony fountains of blood or anything. It's just if someone is shooting someone in the head, you see them getting shot in the head. If someone is getting their throat cut you see them getting their throat cut.

But the storyline itself gets very over the top the further you get through.

I'd almost say it's worth watching just for the first 4 episodes. I really did think they were very good indeed. But it goes downhill after that.

Edit: I also want to watch Top Boy but can't find a decent source for the first two series. I think it's only season 3 that's on Netflix

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure the violence itself is silly. It's very graphic and probably one of the most violent shows I've seen on British TV. But it's realistic violence, if that makes sense. It's not like cartoony fountains of blood or anything. It's just if someone is shooting someone in the head, you see them getting shot in the head. If someone is getting their throat cut you see them getting their throat cut.

But the storyline itself gets very over the top the further you get through.

I'd almost say it's worth watching just for the first 4 episodes. I really did think they were very good indeed. But it goes downhill after that.

Edit: I also want to watch Top Boy but can't find a decent source for the first two series. I think it's only season 3 that's on Netflix

Series one and two are on Netflix too because that is where I watched them. The first 2 are called Top Boy Summerhouse and the third is just called Top Boy 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Series one and two are on Netflix too because that is where I watched them. The first 2 are called Top Boy Summerhouse and the third is just called Top Boy 

Amazing, cheers mate. I didn't know that!

And actually that's quite annoying because I looked for ages for a decent source for that :D

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazing, cheers mate. I didn't know that!

And actually that's quite annoying because I looked for ages for a decent source for that :D

No worries. It is a bit confusing tbf 

• Like 1

Watched the 1st episode of something called Solar Opposites last night which is a new cartoon by Justin Roiland one of the guys that does Rick and Morty. It was pretty good tbf it felt a lot like Rick and Morty but one of the characters sounds almost exactly like Rick which was kinda distracting. If you like Rick and Morty there is a good chance you will like this too

Â