Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just finished Van Helsing on Netflix.

Going to go back and finish season One of Warrior on Sky....screenplay written by Bruce Lee and produced by his daughter and the Lee estate.

The lead Andrew Koji is a Brit and he showed up in a couple of later episodes of Peaky Blinders, he's got some decent skills!

Warrior is brilliant.

59 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Without doubt, Last Dance, has to be up there as one of the greatest sports documentaries ever. The mental strength of Michael Jordan was something else.  

If only this Villa team had that kind of will to win. 

I'd be interested how many footballers outside of Ronaldo have that mentality 

Also watching S3 of Killing Eve now, but only just finished episode 3. I didn't dislike S2 as some did - it wasn't as good as the truly fantastic opening season but I still really enjoyed it - but this one just seems so forced so far. Literally all of the new characters I find annoying and thrown in, the soundtrack is too obvious to the extent that the lyrics directly reflect the characters' inner thoughts with no subtlety, and the humour is again largely forced and often lacks the sharpness that it had before.

There are still beautiful shots aplenty, and Villanelle is still a great character played incredibly well, but the show is a pale reflection of what it started out as. It's such a shame because I thought that it was so fresh and exciting when it started.

Edited by Troglodyte

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Warrior is brilliant.

Yeah I got about four episodes in and it disappeared from Sky One, it seems to have reappeared now.

But yeah I was quite enjoying it. The sets were great and the choreography was much better than other similar TV shows.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Have u lads seen succession, if not get on it, bloody Brilliant 

OK we've watched the first 3 of these...still on the fence.

Bit slow, and so far not one likeable character. In fact the ginger bird's boyfriend I'd willingly throw in a tank of pirahnas.

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

OK we've watched the first 3 of these...still on the fence.

Bit slow, and so far not one likeable character. In fact the ginger bird's boyfriend I'd willingly throw in a tank of pirahnas.

Watch it as a comedy and it took me a little while to get into it, u will hate all off them as it goes on maybe, its good

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd be interested how many footballers outside of Ronaldo have that mentality 

Or any well paid sportsman nowadays. Fame and fortune comes far too easily now. 

On 12/05/2020 at 22:00, sheepyvillian said:

Without doubt, Last Dance, has to be up there as one of the greatest sports documentaries ever. The mental strength of Michael Jordan was something else.  

If only this Villa team had that kind of will to win. 

Watched episode 7 last night......

Spoiler

The bit at the end where they ask MJ about his success vs being perceived as a ‘nice guy’, man his reaction just got me. Hard to tell how he really felt, it was like the conflicting emotions were coming out of him right there and then. 

It’s just absolutely brilliant. 

Trial by Media on Netflix. Really fascinating insight into how the media reported on some cases. The Amadou Diallo case particularly interesting, how the case was moved from an area with 19% white people to 89% which saw the police acquitted of second degree murder.

• Like 2

Finally finished After Life. Meh it was okay I suppose but I’m honestly not sure why it gets so much praise. It’s not even close to being as funny or as clever as the office or extras imo. I will definitely watch season 3 mind 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Watched episode 7 last night......

Reveal hidden contents

The bit at the end where they ask MJ about his success vs being perceived as a ‘nice guy’, man his reaction just got me. Hard to tell how he really felt, it was like the conflicting emotions were coming out of him right there and then. 

It’s just absolutely brilliant. 

It was a strange thing to get upset about, but although he may have been perceived has almost tyrannical in his attempts to motivate  his teammates I think he took umbrage at anyone who tried to ride on the coattails of the Bulls achievements. He demanded your all, nothing less, and the real beauty, was that no one worked harder or demanded more, than he did of himself. 

Arguably, the most talented athlete ever. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

DO NOT CLICK ON THE VIDEO....if you are watching last dance and haven’t seen episode 7. 

If you aren’t watching it or don’t plan to, just watch this little 2min clip. 

Even without the context of the previous episodes, it’s one of the best 2 mins of a documentary you’ll see. The emotion, the way he explains the way he was, and then the final few seconds at the end.......wow. It’s just insanely good and an unbelievable insight into one of the greatest athletes of all time. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2020 at 23:00, sheepyvillian said:

If not this then some of the 30 for 30 or the OJ one, id probably give the OJ one the nod or 2 escobars 

all done by ESPN too, not sure if Disney+ gives access to 30 for 30, forgot to look when I did the trial

• Like 1

6 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Trial by Media on Netflix. Really fascinating insight into how the media reported on some cases. The Amadou Diallo case particularly interesting, how the case was moved from an area with 19% white people to 89% which saw the police acquitted of second degree murder.

I've seen the first two episodes and it's decent enough.  I love a good Netflix documentary.

Â