Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, chappy said:

Anyone else watch the last episode of Neighbours? Asking for a friend 

No, you'd never see me watching that.

Spoiler

Yes - actually watched that today - thought was interesting seeing how the characters have changed and certainly brought back memories!

12 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

No, you'd never see me watching that.

Hide contents

Yes - actually watched that today - thought was interesting seeing how the characters have changed and certainly brought back memories!

Theme tune still bangs. Spent most of it working out if it was actually Karl who was bald.

• Haha 1

On 21/07/2022 at 10:44, Designer1 said:

Talking of top tier TV, I watched the last episode of We Own This City last night.

Just fantastic from start to finish and what a superb cast they put together - especially Jon Bernthal who was absolutely outstanding as Wayne Jenkins. A performance that will be talked about for years imo.

Did a bit of a dive into the real story after I watched it and good lord, that city is a cesspool of corruption isn't it? incredible stuff.

Finished this tonight, absolutely brilliant. Has put a Wire re-watch on the cards for me!

• Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 16:25, sne said:

Apparently Amazon has decided to cash in on the 80's nostalgia that Netflix and others are having with Stranger Things and how now released their own attempt with Paper Girls.

It's Amazon so you get what you always get with them. But this one also has time travel so you know it's gonna be good :D 

Anyway it's supposedly not a complete dumpster fire and it's out today.

Paper Girls: la nuova serie in arrivo su Prime Video

Would not bother with this one for anyone older than 15 or so. It's poorly written and acted after school 90's style sci-fi. 

One of the young actors (Sofia Rosinsky) is good and she also has the best character but other than that it's forgettable at best.

5/10 content filler as per usual from Amazon

Yeh first episode of The Sandman was pretty dam good. I was a bit apprehensive at first but I really got into it as it went along. I have never read any of the source material or have any knowledge about it, I didn’t even realise it was DC. Looking forward to watching more

• Like 1

I'm having to wait to watch Sandman for a bit, but I'm hyped to **** for it. The good reviews surprised me, especially given that it's another series that probably works better in paper than another format.

• Like 1

I'm watching Ragnorok - a Swedish, modern take on the Norse Legend stories.  

It's quite serious, yet has a slight (and I mean slight) teen vibe, but if you're into Norse Mythology, it's really fun! 

2 series @ 6 episodes a piece, 45 mins long means you can do it at your own pace too. 

@Stevo985, I know you're enjoying GoW at the moment, might be something you appreciate after you've finished! Funny to see some of the characters and how differently they're portrayed :)  

• Like 2

Finished Better Things, I can recommend that one.

Moved onto Better Call Saul...it's been so **** long since season 5 I can hardly remember WTF is going on.

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's quite serious, yet has a slight (and I mean slight) teen vibe, but if you're into Norse Mythology, it's really fun! 

2 series @ 6 episodes a piece, 45 mins long means you can do it at your own pace too. 

@Stevo985, I know you're enjoying GoW at the moment, might be something you appreciate after you've finished! Funny to see some of the characters and how differently they're portrayed :)  

Yeah they keep mentioning Ragnorok on the game... I'm intrigued

44 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's a decent watch and definitely worth giving a go. 

• Like 1

Â