Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 03/07/2022 at 17:39, Follyfoot said:

Going to get stuck into the Terminal List later, Book was excellent, Written by an ex-Navy seal so should be realistic

I’ve just started this. Good first episode. 

Critic reviews put me off a bit, but user ratings are high and I quite like Chris Pratt. His character was a bit over the top, earnest, all American hero, but it was a decent first hour. 

On 08/07/2022 at 08:38, mottaloo said:

Bit the bullet and signed up for apple tv, mainly to see what Ted Lasso is all about.

Please tell me that it gets better cos after 2 episodes it's all a bit meh. He's too nice and the feeling I usually get when watching a new series (that it's gonna be a belter) just ain't there. 

It’s not gripping TV, but it’s fun and makes you feel smiley watching it. Worth watching but ultimately forgettable.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished stranger things 

Hide contents

The max scene was really good, the kid who plays lucas was excellent, not sure how I feel about her coming back though, felt a bit like jedi powers to me as in they made up what her powers can do for the sake of the story at that point 

The guitar scene was awesome 

They tied it all together really nicely 

Overall for the whole series the Hawkins stuff worked, the Russia stuff worked, the California stuff didn't, Jonathan and Mike feel a bit pointless 

The music felt on point, the 80s stuff dropped off but the music hit

They could have finished the whole thing there and then so the main interest for season 5 is how justified not finishing it will be 

Easy to say because it's so fresh but it is the best thing on TV 

Spoiler

I read a theory that she used her powers to restart her heart, like telekinesis CPR. Makes more sense than just 'you're alive' I guess :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
  Hide contents

I read a theory that she used her powers to restart her heart, like telekinesis CPR. Makes more sense than just 'you're alive' I guess :D 

Yeah that's how I understood that scene.

Finished the latest Umbrella Academy last night, thoroughly enjoyable and particularly liked the character progression of Diego, Lila and the father.

the most watchable characters are still Five and Klaus though and Alison is now joining Viktor/Vanja as the least interesting.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The last season was sadly a bit of a drop off in quality for me.

I don’t think they’ll ever top the episode, Colin Robinson Gets A Promotion 

Agree it was a dip in quality but it's a high bar anyway. What was surprising is that it has been nominated for an Emmy. 

• Like 1

Just finished We Own This City. What an excellent show. Episode 4 in particular was epic. 

A nice gift for fans of The Wire. Smart and gritty critique of policing and government, and this time based on a real case.

Superb acting, and Jon Bernthal in particular was so good as the colossal scumbag  main character. 

Anyone else seen this?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Just finished We Own This City. What an excellent show. Episode 4 in particular was epic. 

A nice gift for fans of The Wire. Smart and gritty critique of policing and government, and this time based on a real case.

Superb acting, and Jon Bernthal in particular was so good as the colossal scumbag  main character. 

Anyone else seen this?

Yep, loved it. Also found it pretty shocking! 

Agree Jon Bernthal was superb.  I hated him.

Spoiler

Loved the scene where he stared at the commissioner and didn’t look away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

1 episode in to the undeclared war on all 4 - intrigued so far. definitely going to keep going with it

It’s decent so far (2epis in) although the scenes where it’s like a computer game to her is a bit weird. She also seems emotionally unattached at times (I’m guessing meant to be on the spectrum), she gets away with a lot for a work experience girl 

Edited by mikeyp102

Watched the first episode of the new season of What we do in the shadows last night. It wasn't the strongest of starts, which was frustrating as all of the vampire actors are so funny in their own right. Perhaps in relation to others it is strong, but not when measured against itself. I will persist though as it's summer and there is very little to watch anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â