Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Brave New World tv-series is about as thought provoking as Baywatch. Not read the novels but from what I gather they are quite interesting.

This show is just silly. And they seem to have changed some of the key ingredients.

Watched the first 20 minutes of new Netflix show Cursed. That was enough for me.

Reminded me of that MTV-version of The Shannara Chronicles, dreadful. Another young adult teen drama with fantasy settings and a name to sell it.

Floki form Vikings is Merlin, as in Skarsgård is playing the exact same role, the Lady in the water is a teenage witch and Arthur is a gleeman or something.

finished Dark

not sure how a programme that's so mind blowingly complicated, in a foreign language and also by the last couple of episodes quite long manages to be so good, I lost the plot a few times near the end but they tied it all together and it was a good enough ending, the music in the show is the best since the leftovers which is another show that on the surface shouldn't be as good as it is 

right at the end brought a smile to my face

Spoiler

he's about to tell the story of how he lost his eye! well played

• Like 1

Binged arctic mystery show The Head, it's OK but certainly nothing special.

Kind of a let down as I love stuff in this setting. They borrow generously from other stuff like The Terror, Ice Station Zebra and even started off by having the crew watch John Carpenters The Thing so that people wouldn't point it out.

It's your standard "who dunnit" story with twists and yada yada, not great, not terrible. Could have been much better, they never get the suspense or atmosphere right. 5,5-6/10

Spoiler

Cute Keyzer Söze wink towards the end.

The Head Poster

Edited by sne

The Sinner S1 is pretty decent. Jessica Biel is great (and hawwwt), but I’m not sold on Bill Pullman’s performance so far. 

Doom Patrol is rapidly becoming a bit of a fave after a slow start. 

Hunters is ace 

See is as bad as the review say, despite a half decent first episode. 

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watching The Last Kingdom. It’s decent

I'm holding off until I've finished all the books. Not sure if I should then reread some of the earlier ones to remember what actually happened 10 odd books ago or if this'll just disappoint me when I watch it as it's too different. 

Apparently Utopia is getting an American remake. Somehow I doubt it will be anywhere close to as good as the original. But might be worth a watch.

• Like 1

The Plot Against America is a decent watch, an alternative history of Charles Lindbergh being President instead of Roosevelt and the effect on Jewish people.  I did get a bit confused a couple of times with the plot but that's more likely my attention span lacking.

• Like 2

Finished Spanish Narcos-type series Farina (or Cocaine Coast in English) on Netflix.

Not bad at all but obviously not with the budget or spectacular characters as the original Narcos.

It's based on a book about the true story of the people who started importing cocaine into Galicia Spain in the early 80's.

Cocaine Coast Poster 10 episodes 1 season series. Very solid 7/10

Edited by sne
Typo

Half way through "Man Down"

Easily one of the best comedies I have ever watched,  I have been laughing all the way through the episodes not just now and again.

My Dutch Mrs has been laughing her head off.  Brilliant.

I just got to the episode after where Rick Mayall had died.  For people who like me grew up with the Young ones,  Blackadder & Bottom etc he was a giant of a man in performing terms.

I got a bit upset as I didn't know it was coming along in the series.  At least Mrs Mcclusky is still with us 😀

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 3

Elite on Netflix.    Its Spanish (dubbed into English) and has two actors from Money Heist in it. 

Its like a mix between 13 Reasons Why, Gossip Girl and Big Little Lies. 

Took about 2-3 episodes to get fully into it, but fantastic 'guilty pleasure' TV once you get to know the characters.

• Like 1

Â