Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Enjoyed the first season of Miracle Workers so moved on to Season 2 - MW Dark Ages

whilst it has the same cast the whole concept has changed but it still has me chuckling. 

it’s light, not too taxing but not dumb comedy. 

On 12/07/2020 at 11:01, sne said:

For those who miss Westworld there is apparently a new Westworld clone on HBO called Brave New World.

A quick read and it seem very similar, it even has a lead character called Bernard. Based on a book from the 30's

Reviews I've seen says it's worse than Westworld in every way, but lots of boobs apparently.

Whole season out on the 15th

Having watched the first episode now it really is a Westworld clone, but worse in every way. It even had a Radiohead song playing during the closing scene :D 

There was one big difference thou as the character named Bernard in this series had the emphasis on the e when they pronounced his name while the Bernard in Westworld had the emphasis on the a. So it's not a carbon copy.

Show felt flat and pretty much an excuse to show boobies, but maybe it gets better as it goes on. It wasn't terrible, just a bit meh.

The Kominsky Method on Netflix has been a good watch.  Stars Michael Douglas as an aging acting coach, and revolves around his relationship with his best friend who is also his agent, as well as his daughter and students in his classes. 

• Like 4

Watching SnowPiercer,  2 episodes to go. 5/10.

I am not a fan but will go to the end.   

There are 100's of things wrong with it and deep down I want it to crash.

Spoiler

- 1st class only has approximately 12 people who oddly enough have no class at all.

- Who maintains the track in -122 C, Tracks don't like -122 C as far as I know and neither does any metal I suppose.

- Big track,  big world but no earthquakes to cause problems.

- The Tardis on wheels.  

- People can hide on a train apparantley.

- Silent train.

- Overall train smoothness of ride,  10/10,  even things hanging down don't move.

- Suspended animation though but built by IKEA by the looks.

- Never see outside from within the train.

- The weaponization of the "Cold" is lame as ****.   

Honestly,  I could write loads and loads.  I just don't get it,  I don't understand the point of the train at all.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Watching SnowPiercer,  2 episodes to go. 5/10.

I am not a fan but will go to the end.   

There are 100's of things wrong with it and deep down I want it to crash.

Hide contents

- 1st class only has approximately 12 people who oddly enough have no class at all.

- Who maintains the track in -122 C, Tracks don't like -122 C as far as I know and neither does any metal I suppose.

- Big track,  big world but no earthquakes to cause problems.

- The Tardis on wheels.  

- People can hide on a train apparantley.

- Silent train.

- Overall train smoothness of ride,  10/10,  even things hanging down don't move.

- Suspended animation though but built by IKEA by the looks.

- Never see outside from within the train.

- The weaponization of the "Cold" is lame as ****.   

Honestly,  I could write loads and loads.  I just don't get it,  I don't understand the point of the train at all.

Try watching the film first and it kind of answers quite a few of your points

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Having watched the first episode now it really is a Westworld clone, but worse in every way. It even had a Radiohead song playing during the closing scene :D 

There was one big difference thou as the character named Bernard in this series had the emphasis on the e when they pronounced his name while the Bernard in Westworld had the emphasis on the a. So it's not a carbon copy.

Show felt flat and pretty much an excuse to show boobies, but maybe it gets better as it goes on. It wasn't terrible, just a bit meh.

Brave New World is probably a more interesting and prescient story than 1984 (which in the UK is a common essay topic to compare it to in English Literature lessons at school) but it's a much more difficult story to translate to a TV show imo. It really shouldn't be anything like Westworld - Brave New World is a story about controlling humanity to create a perfect world, but simultaneously creating a nightmare that humanity cannot live in. Westworld is about what humanity is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

The Kominsky Method on Netflix has been a good watch.  Stars Michael Douglas as an aging acting coach, and revolves around his relationship with his best friend who is also his agent, as well as his daughter and students in his classes. 

Really enjoyed this, Michael Douglas plays his part very well and Alan Arkin is, well the usual superb Alan Arkin. 

some of it had me laughing and other bit’s had me wiping away a tear. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed this, Michael Douglas plays his part very well and Alan Arkin is, well the usual superb Alan Arkin. 

some of it had me laughing and other bit’s had me wiping away a tear. 

Just starting season 2, really enjoying it and I hear a 3rd season is happening. 

• Like 1

I've started watching the French programme with Eric Cantona in it on Netflix.  Hated him when he was at United but now I've realised he is a bit of a dude and a decent actor.  A couple of quality headbutts in the first couple of episodes.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Katheryn Winnick and Amber Heard in the same 15 year old episode of Criminal Minds. 

Clungefest!

No poo from Amber thankfully

On 15/07/2020 at 14:33, sne said:

I struggled with Westworld but I remember reading the book in my teens. Might give it a go

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I struggled with Westworld but I remember reading the book in my teens. Might give it a go

It isn't a book as far as I know. Unless there was a novelisation of the film. Crighton wrote it as a film, and directed it too.

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

It isn't a book as far as I know. Unless there was a novelisation of the film. Crighton wrote it as a film, and directed it too.

I was referring to Brave New World, badly worded by me

• Like 1

Â