Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched fear city on Netflix, its pretty good, shame they couldn't have more from the mafias side of the fence talking about it and I'm assuming no court room footage

If anything it actually feels a bit rushed and lacking in depth compared to what Netflix normally do, lots of interviews from the fbi and prosecutor side but the real interest isnt with them let's be honest, they could have done with another couple of episodes padding out who all these Mafia guys were 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/07/2020 at 17:40, villa4europe said:

Umbrella Academy 2 getting great reviews 

Binged the first last week unaware of the second coming out. Just seen a trailer, looks very good.

I like it as it’s not your usual superhero bs bad guy program. Got some gore and some good humour to it.

• Like 2

Season 1of Upload on Prime was interesting, some very funny moments and interesting view of what the near future could be. Jumped about a bit in terms of genre (comedy, sci-fi, thriller etc) but I'd recommend and it's vaguely similar to the Good Place. The season end seems to come out of nowhere though but season two has already been confirmed. 

• Like 1

I've only recently got Sky so catching up on stuff like True Detective, I watch the third season and get down to episode 7 and for some reason the last episode isn't on there.  Really pissed me off that did.  They took down Curb Your Enthusiasm when I'd got to series 7, I can kind of understand that if the rights expired but True Detective has every single other episode as far as I can tell.  

Edited by sharkyvilla

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've only recently got Sky so catching up on stuff like True Detective, I watch the third season and get down to episode 7 and for some reason the last episode isn't on there.  Really pissed me off that did.  They took down Curb Your Enthusiasm when I'd got to series 7, I can kind of understand that if the rights expired but True Detective has every single other episode as far as I can tell.  

The Sky on Demand service is terrible. Really shows how much having a monopoly damages innovation. It's years behind Netflix

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

The Sky on Demand service is terrible. Really shows how much having a monopoly damages innovation. It's years behind Netflix

I have Netflix, nowtv and prime. The GUI on the last two are like being transported back to the 80's and playing on my commodore 64. The guys at Netflix must be pissing their pants at the competition.

Presumably mocking the recent Bros brothers documentary but  watched The Kemps , All True tonight   ... not exactly side splitting funny but in a making fun of themselves  in a Office style documentry it was  fun  ,  

On 28/07/2020 at 14:26, Stevo985 said:

I'm watching The Morning Show at the moment and I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is!

Finished this now. 

again I’m really surprised at just how good it was. Totally wasn’t what I expected both from the story and the performances. 

There was a massive spoiler before the final episode though. It really **** annoyed me

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I have Netflix, nowtv and prime. The GUI on the last two are like being transported back to the 80's and playing on my commodore 64. The guys at Netflix must be pissing their pants at the competition.

I agree

But I've also got Netflix on 7 devices in my house and I'm always surprised that its different on each one (I'm sure it's even different between xbox and PS4) 

The shit thing being that the one I use the most, as an app on my smart TV, is probably the worst

4 episodes in to umbrella academy and loving it

The wife not so much, she's not a history buff and knows pretty much nothing about JFK being shot so there's tons of references that I think are cool that are sailing over her head 

On 28/07/2020 at 14:26, Stevo985 said:

I'm watching The Morning Show at the moment and I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is!

On this at the moment, episode 8 tonight.

Like you I'm surprised how good it has been.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Apple’s is pretty awful too. 

I mean it kind of looks slick, but the navigation is a bit crap and all over the show. 

Harder than it should be to find the actual content you can access with your subscription. 

Disney+ is good though. 

Edited by wazzap24

Â