Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Apple’s is pretty awful too. 

I mean it kind of looks slick, but the navigation is a bit crap and all over the show. 

Harder than it should be to find the actual content you can access with your subscription. 

Disney+ is good though. 

Agree with this completely. 

Ive only just got Apple TV+ and they just put everything in one place. Apple stuff, iPlayer, 4od, Netflix, paid stuff, free stuff. It’s shit. 

The interface looks amazing but the navigation isn’t great

• Like 1

Catching up on Celebrity MasterChef, where half the contestants aren't celebrities as ever, and one of them is blind, which is nothing else is inspiring I guess. But it does have Sam Quek on it...

ThoseSarcasticIrishterrier-size_restrict

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished this now. 

again I’m really surprised at just how good it was. Totally wasn’t what I expected both from the story and the performances. 

There was a massive spoiler before the final episode though. It really **** annoyed me

Is the content on Apple TV worth the subscription? (Or did you get it from little rivers?)

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Is the content on Apple TV worth the subscription? (Or did you get it from little rivers?)

I had a free year trial for Apple TV+ because of buying Apple products so it’s legit. 

to be honest I don’t really know yet. I’ve only just got it. 

And as mentioned up thread their interface is really weird. It pulls shows and movies in from other streaming services and puts it all in one place, along side shows and movies that you have to pay for, so it’s really hard to tell what’s actually included in the subscription. 

Probably because there’s not actually very much on there at the moment I would guess

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2020 at 16:12, ender4 said:

Elite on Netflix.    Its Spanish (dubbed into English) and has two actors from Money Heist in it. 

Its like a mix between 13 Reasons Why, Gossip Girl and Big Little Lies. 

Took about 2-3 episodes to get fully into it, but fantastic 'guilty pleasure' TV once you get to know the characters.

Excellent show. It explores various interesting, fun, deep (Omar’s relationship with his father) and taboo themes (wildchild Valerio and Lucrecia).
You develop a slow liking to characters you might initially dislike such as Guzman and the Marchioness (Ester Exposito 😍)

I just can’t watch it in English dubbing, I found it unbearable. It’s genuinely much, much better in Spanish with English subtitles; the same goes for Money Heist. 

• Like 1

Having finished Inspector Morse and Lewis, I'm now on Endeavour. It is excellent and so many nods to the later series. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Banshee is amazing. One of the most underrated shows. Amazing how many people haven't heard of it.

It comes up on here  periodically and I think about half a dozen of us have watched it. 

It’s one of my favourite ever shows. Obviously, you can’t compare it against the ‘greats’, it’s not that kind of show, but for sheer out and out enjoyment, it’s right up there. 

Best violence and fight scenes of any show too. Brutal. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Halfway through the sinner series. Really good viewing

We’ve just watched S1 and are on EP2 of S2. 

It’s decent, Jessica Biel was excellent in S1. 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't remember the soundtrack being so used in series 1

I’ve just rewatched series 1 (no spoilers on 2 please). The soundtrack was mainly used during fight scenes in the first series.

Â