General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Americans overshare, Brits don't. 

</cliché> 

We overshare. And overeat. And sometimes, the dogs attack our cars. This is national news today.

'Pointless' tonight. Round one, classical music. Fill in the missing words - Vivaldi, 'The F--- Seasons'. 

Contestant (confidently): "Oh, I think I know this one - 'The Five Seasons'" 

How Armstrong kept a straight face I do not know. 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

'Pointless' tonight. Round one, classical music. Fill in the missing words - Vivaldi, 'The F--- Seasons'. 

Contestant (confidently): "Oh, I think I know this one - 'The Five Seasons'" 

How Armstrong kept a straight face I do not know. 

There's 5 - Sweet, Sour, Umami, Spicy and er, another one, innit. Probably salty or bitter or something - I believe that's a Small Heath speciality, that last one.

What a thicko.

• Like 1

I’ve like been intrigued by selling on Amazon, I don’t understand how sellers sell cheap items (£1 / £1.20) and still make money? 

The cheapest tier for the cheapest FBA are higher than that… is there some other tier of pricing that is much lower otherwise how are they making money? 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2024 at 15:27, Marka Ragnos said:

We overshare. And overeat. And sometimes, the dogs attack our cars. This is national news today.

Florida. Florida. Bring on global warming IMO.

Sink the swamp.

• Haha 1

On 29/03/2024 at 14:23, VILLAMARV said:

Did everyone else play the card game Shithead at school? I'm wondering what regional variations are out there? In name and rules.

Ace is high, 2's and 10's go on anything - 10's trashes the pack. 4 of a kind become the equivalent of a 10 and 9's are lower than a nine or another 9 or a 10) but can't be played on an ace.

We also had 5's let you play another card above a 5. And a red 3 can be played on anything and let you give the build up of cards in the middle to any player. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve like been intrigued by selling on Amazon, I don’t understand how sellers sell cheap items (£1 / £1.20) and still make money? 

The cheapest tier for the cheapest FBA are higher than that… is there some other tier of pricing that is much lower otherwise how are they making money? 

It's a mug's game. If you have any success, Amazon will undercut you themselves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, limpid said:

It's a mug's game. If you have any success, Amazon will undercut you themselves.

Yeah, I get that, but i’m intrigued how so many people sell items below the lowest FBA level… is there a secret tier of pricing somewhere? 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We also had 5's let you play another card above a 5. And a red 3 can be played on anything and let you give the build up of cards in the middle to any player. 

our rules were:

2 - play on anything and resets count to 2

8 - skips the next player

10 - trashes the deck

4 of the same numbered card played in order (doesn't need to all be by the same person) - also trashes the deck.

i believe these rules are in line with the shithead mobile app

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, I get that, but i’m intrigued how so many people sell items below the lowest FBA level… is there a secret tier of pricing somewhere? 

I guess they list from another country.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DCJonah said:

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

our rules were:

2 - play on anything and resets count to 2

8 - skips the next player

10 - trashes the deck

4 of the same numbered card played in order (doesn't need to all be by the same person) - also trashes the deck.

i believe these rules are in line with the shithead mobile app

This is what I was wondering - Occasionally there'll be someone suggesting I can't put 4 x 5's on a 7 or somthing like that - we grew up playing them as a de facto 10.

MrsVM thinks I have to show my bottom cards if I can't play them - which I assume was born out of youthful exuberance when turning them over.

It's not a game I've ever read rules to though, it's just learnt behaviour.

There's already a couple of variations I've never encountered listed in these two posts, namely the red threes and the extra card higher than a 5

Edited by VILLAMARV

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

April in Maine

image.jpeg.a9ae77cee67b165d856bbd32d237c602.jpeg

We had a good 10 cm overnight (KW.gif) here in Oslo, too. This word removed of a winter has lasted about four years now, f***ing sick of it. 

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

We had a good 10 cm overnight (KW.gif) here in Oslo, too. This word removed of a winter has lasted about four years now, f***ing sick of it. 

The UK winter is similar, just replace cold & snow with rain & grey skies. So depressing.

Looking to try and get back into playing some football next season. Started looking for Over 35's teams in my area.

I don't want anything TOO serious though. Competitive, but I don't want to be shouted at every week :D 

Anyway found Sutton Town vets team. Perfect, right round the corner!

Looked them up, they're top of the Premier Division and their top scorers are Darren Byefield and Lee Hendrie :D

Not sure that's quite my level!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The UK winter is similar, just replace cold & snow with rain & grey skies. So depressing.

Yeah, it hasn't really been THAT cold... just dragged on as this pretty mild, wet season.  For about 4 months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, it hasn't really been THAT cold... just dragged on as this pretty mild, wet season.  For about 4 months.

I've heard a few people say this but I can't remember many recent Winters where I've had to defrost the car so much in the morning. 

Worst for that in years I reckon. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've heard a few people say this but I can't remember many recent Winters where I've had to defrost the car so much in the morning. 

Haven't had to do that more than once or twice this winter. Then again I don't very often have to get up early. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not here - I've barely had to do it.  I reckon it's been needed on maybe 5 days out of the last 4 or 5 months.

Having said that, I use the car less these days and use bus/walk for getting into work.  But still, I haven't noticed cars being frosted over anywhere near as much. 

Â