General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Happy international explaining that yes there is an international men's day day.

Ah yes, but that doesn't count, as it's all woke, about being sensitive and shit. Not a proper mens' day, celebrating being in charge, keeping women in their place and that. 

• Like 2

Romanian guy I work with was saying women’s day is a big deal back “home”. The ladies generally get to finish work early and go to the pub for a drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Romanian guy I work with was saying women’s day is a big deal back “home”. The ladies generally get to finish work early and go to the pub for a drink.

Glass of white wine or fruit based drink only I hope. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is how the conversation actually went.

Me: So do you have any plans for the weekend, doing anything special for mother’s day. Actually, do you follow the British mother’s day or a Romanian one (usually they are different I think).

Romanian Colleague: Actually women’s day today is more important for us. The women usually get flowers and get to finish work early.

Me: Is that so they can get some cleaning done and start dinner? :lol: 

He laughed, luckily.

He said tradition is usually to go to the pub for a drink. 

*hold on, got to dash, someone from HR is calling me for some reason*

It’s the days I feel sorry for. People fighting over “wimmins” day, men’s day, whatever, but who asked the days how they feel about having their name taken in some woke cause? Days should be respected for what they are. Nothing more, nothing less, just simple circadian cycles trying to make the best of things in an ever more fractured cultural world.

• Haha 1

Its these days I feel really sorry for

National Freelancers Day

International Grant Professionals Day

National Middle Name Pride Day

National Peanut Cluster Day

National Proofreading Day

Be Nasty Day

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ah yes, but that doesn't count, as it's all woke, about being sensitive and shit. Not a proper mens' day, celebrating being in charge, keeping women in their place and that. 

Yes, someone agrees with me! 

Oh, you were being sarcastic... :ph34r:

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

White wine spritzer. 

this reminds me of the time my (now sadly deceased) friend and me were doing a bar together at an event in a local venue that the pub we worked for at the time had the license for. It was an all female audience for sure. I can't remember the organisation though. Mind you it'd be about 25+ years ago now. We had to provide a free glass of wine on entry and so we set up our table, bowties on and everything and we pre poured a few glasses so that there wouldn't be a hold up for wine being poured unneccessarily. Anyhow we did a row, or about 5/6 glasses of red and then the rest of the table taken up with white (it being the 90's having both kinds of wine was the height of fashion in the Welsh countryside dontcha know) but it wasn't our first rodeo n that. Cue Millie Tant, full on accusing us of sexistly pouring more white than red, and us foolishly protesting it was a purely functional decision etc. Her and her friend took a glass of red after their dressing down of us and they were the only two that left that table once everyone had walked in.

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

this reminds me of the time my (now sadly deceased) friend and me were doing a bar together at an event in a local venue that the pub we worked for at the time had the license for. It was an all female audience for sure. I can't remember the organisation though. Mind you it'd be about 25+ years ago now. We had to provide a free glass of wine on entry and so we set up our table, bowties on and everything and we pre poured a few glasses so that there wouldn't be a hold up for wine being poured unneccessarily. Anyhow we did a row, or about 5/6 glasses of red and then the rest of the table taken up with white (it being the 90's having both kinds of wine was the height of fashion in the Welsh countryside dontcha know) but it wasn't our first rodeo n that. Cue Millie Tant, full on accusing us of sexistly pouring more white than red, and us foolishly protesting it was a purely functional decision etc. Her and her friend took a glass of red after their dressing down of us and they were the only two that left that table once everyone had walked in.

Did you end up in the boardroom with Lord Amstrad after they all asked for a refund?

• Haha 1

That funeral parlour story in Hull is weird isn't it? Wonder what they've been up to? Stealing valuables? The business looks as though its been struggling financially. 

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

That funeral parlour story in Hull is weird isn't it? Wonder what they've been up to? Stealing valuables? The business looks as though its been struggling financially. 

Sounds like they've been performing parlour tricks. 

Being reported that people who've received ashes allege the police have said they found a body with an id tag on of the formerly scattered. Unconfirmed/verified but sounds pretty grim and perhaps a bit more to it than theft.

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like they've been performing parlour tricks. 

Even the people who work in that industry, drivers, pall - bearers, the ones applying the make - up - especially them - look decidedly weird. 

• Like 1

Â