General Chat

Stevo985

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If anyone is interested, these are the bellends

Is the guy a school dropout or something?   He spends 2 minutes speculating about the meaning of a 10-word sign whose meaning couldn’t be any clearer.   He can’t really be as stupid as he appears, surely.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He's an absolute bellend but I do find his videos quite entertaining at times. You can tell people are resisting the urge to smack him.

These guys almost did lol...

16 mins 30 onwards.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Is the guy a school dropout or something?   He spends 2 minutes speculating about the meaning of a 10-word sign whose meaning couldn’t be any clearer.   He can’t really be as stupid as he appears, surely.

They know exactly what they are doing, their job is to antagonize whomever they come across to get views and reactions. They know all the rules and have an answer for everything, and they go in with the knowledge that about 90% of the people they film don't know the rules or laws. You can tell this because I don't think I've come across a video yet where there hasn't been a confrontation of some sort.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

They know exactly what they are doing, their job is to antagonize whomever they come across to get views and reactions. They know all the rules and have an answer for everything, and they go in with the knowledge that about 90% of the people they film don't know the rules or laws. You can tell this because I don't think I've come across a video yet where there hasn't been a confrontation of some sort.

And there’s the possibility the videos that don’t provoke a sufficiently angry response simply don’t get posted.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And there’s the possibility the videos that don’t provoke a sufficiently angry response simply don’t get posted.

That was what I was getting at. There aren't any non-confrontational videos posted because they won't get views or reactions. Every video starts with an intro of the argument brewing.

• Like 1

The should find out where he lives and start flying a drone outside his bedroom window in the middle of the night, and film it of course.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, bobzy said:

But... what's the point? 😐 

To annoy people whilst technically staying on the right side of the law so they can post videos about the confrontations they cause

Edited by Stevo985

Regarding my workplace, they seem utterly baffled that a company that works on UK and US military programs might be a bit curious about people knocking around outside filming and flying drones.

Had the weirdest and probably worst works call ever yesterday.

It was with a third party company we use for data analysis and I've only met the account manager once previously.

She's a lovely Texan lady and she started the call by saying "we can do this call but my head won't be in it, on Sunday I lost a very close girlfriend, who self harmed in a very violent way.  She didn't realise her two girls were in the house, who found her and I spoke to her almost everyday, it's true what they say, that you'd never guess who would do something like this to themselves"

Me and my colleague were only there to introduce our new colleague (2 days in!).  Obviously we said we wanted her to end the call and said we were both extremely sorry to hear that she was going through this very difficult time.

It was utterly bizarre and awful.  Hope she's ok 😔

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Had the weirdest and probably worst works call ever yesterday.

It was with a third party company we use for data analysis and I've only met the account manager once previously.

She's a lovely Texan lady and she started the call by saying "we can do this call but my head won't be in it, on Sunday I lost a very close girlfriend, who self harmed in a very violent way.  She didn't realise her two girls were in the house, who found her and I spoke to her almost everyday, it's true what they say, that you'd never guess who would do something like this to themselves"

Me and my colleague were only there to introduce our new colleague (2 days in!).  Obviously we said we wanted her to end the call and said we were both extremely sorry to hear that she was going through this very difficult time.

It was utterly bizarre and awful.  Hope she's ok 😔

I mean that's awful, and my heart goes out to her.

But that's also quite a strange way to conduct a call with someone you don't know very well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But that's also quite a strange way to conduct a call with someone you don't know very well

Probably in shock. Maybe sh just wanted to talk to help process it and sometimes that's easier with someone you don't know well.

I dont understand why she was even in work and wasn't given compassionate leave.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I agree. They annoy me more than the people they set out to annoy. 

Did everyone else play the card game Shithead at school? I'm wondering what regional variations are out there? In name and rules.

Ace is high, 2's and 10's go on anything - 10's trashes the pack. 4 of a kind become the equivalent of a 10 and 9's are lower than a nine or another 9 or a 10) but can't be played on an ace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Probably in shock. Maybe sh just wanted to talk to help process it and sometimes that's easier with someone you don't know well.

I dont understand why she was even in work and wasn't given compassionate leave.

The call was 4 days later. 

You’d think you’d just cancel the call in  advance and give your reasons. 

And I’m guessing the answer to your question about compassionate leave is “because she’s in America”

• Like 2

20 hours ago, il_serpente said:

It’s part of their illusion that they do these videos to help out the companies in question. Pointing out all the mistakes and security faults etc

Which is obviously bollocks. They’re there to cause trouble

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The call was 4 days later. 

You’d think you’d just cancel the call in  advance and give your reasons. 

And I’m guessing the answer to your question about compassionate leave is “because she’s in America”

I did consider the American bit as their work practices and culture are awful, but @lapal_fan hadn't confirmed she was in America, just that she was Texan.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Americans overshare, Brits don't. 

</cliché> 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I did consider the American bit as their work practices and culture are awful, but @lapal_fan hadn't confirmed she was in America, just that she was Texan.

Yea she was in situ, in Dallas.

It was very surprising to us that she was in work, as it was pretty evident she wasn't processing it very well, blurting out information which was pretty private.

• Like 1

Â