General Chat

Stevo985

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've heard a few people say this but I can't remember many recent Winters where I've had to defrost the car so much in the morning. 

Worst for that in years I reckon. 

don't you just set the car on a timer to do this    #smug 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Haven't had to do that more than once or twice this winter. Then again I don't very often have to get up early. 

Same here, 2/3 times max.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** me. You lot live in Spain or something? 

It's been an incredibly mild winter in W. Yorkshire. But bloody wet. 

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

don't you just set the car on a timer to do this    #smug 

You have a car with a working heater? Very lah-di-dah! 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** me. You lot live in Spain or something? 

Sun always shines in the Royal Town. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've heard a few people say this but I can't remember many recent Winters where I've had to defrost the car so much in the morning. 

Worst for that in years I reckon. 

Twice this year I think (Mon - Fri)

11 hours ago, El Zen said:

We had a good 10 cm overnight (KW.gif) here in Oslo, too. This word removed of a winter has lasted about four years now, f***ing sick of it. 

Strangely enough, this was our biggest snowstorm all winter/early spring, and only our second snowstorm that amounted to more than a couple of inches. 

The high temp on Monday is forecast to be 60F, so here comes the flooding!

On 01/04/2024 at 12:28, mjmooney said:

'Pointless' tonight. Round one, classical music. Fill in the missing words - Vivaldi, 'The F--- Seasons'. 

Contestant (confidently): "Oh, I think I know this one - 'The Five Seasons'" 

How Armstrong kept a straight face I do not know. 

A young waitress at a restaurant I worked at asked the manager for some vacation time. She said she needed the 31st through the 35th off.

🙃

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Looking to try and get back into playing some football next season. Started looking for Over 35's teams in my area.

I don't want anything TOO serious though. Competitive, but I don't want to be shouted at every week :D 

Anyway found Sutton Town vets team. Perfect, right round the corner!

Looked them up, they're top of the Premier Division and their top scorers are Darren Byefield and Lee Hendrie :D

Not sure that's quite my level!

Mate, the Vets leagues are tougher than the usual leagues, believe me! 

• Like 1

Just found a frog in our courtyard (for reference it’s at basement level and is surrounded by at least 10ft walls on every side)

It obviously needed to be caught and released into safety elsewhere as I doubt the common frog has fire escape climbing abilities. I deal with swiftly and release it into the back gardens of the flats.

The missus doesn’t believe me when I said I did touch it (she thinks it’s poisonous and will get in my veins)

The missus is also convinced it came from the drains (yes she googled it ), me I think it fell in :D 

Shes now petrified that monster frogs are going to invade the flat through the toilets :crylaugh:

Here's the little thing anyway….

IMG_1797.jpeg

• Like 2

We’ve got a couple of frogs living in our pond , they are kinda tame now so I go out there and they will come over to me for a tickle … I quite often pick them up and take them for a walk around the garden ( ie scare Mrs H with them if she is out there ) 

toads on the other hand , big ugly bastards , I found one of them in the pond once , he got pinged over the fence into the neighbours garden 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

When we had both a pond and a cat (both sadly now gone), rescuing frogs was a daily job for me. The cat used to bring them into the house. She never killed them, she just liked to watch them hopping around the kitchen, until she got bored and wandered off elsewhere. At which point I would take them back to the pond. 

Edited by mjmooney

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When we had both a pond and a cat (both sadly now gone), rescuing frogs was a daily job for me. The cat used to bring them into the house. She never killed them, she just liked to watch them watch them hopping around the kitchen, until she got bored and wandered off elsewhere. At which point I would take them back to the pond. 

Yes, my parents had this problem. They were constantly moving dessicated frogs from underneath the fridge. 

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

The noise of a frog 'screaming' is one of the most horrific things I've ever heard. Honestly. 

Stop torturing them then. Sicko 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Stop torturing them then. Sicko 

I just wanted Wembley stripes in my lawn, it's their fault for being a mile away from the nearest watering hole. Little green shite blobs.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Looks like Sasha Baren Cohen maybe going on the "Cancel" list. Tbh, he does strike me as someone who gets off making people feel uncomfortable, even out of his many characters. 

Seems a case of life imitating art or maybe there was no art and he is just an obnoxious being. I hope Wilson takes him down. 

Â