General Chat

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Go off the rails on drink and drugs, there’s nothing else left.

Might as well. Do you know a guy?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Just had another cherry Jaffa, just in case I was mentally in the wrong place yesterday to embrace change.

Still sub standard.

I mean, not spit it out awful, just disappointing.

Original jaffa cakes or terry orange?

Die Another Day is on the tellybox just now. The films 20 years old man. Madonna doesn't even look like an old lady. 

Edited by sidcow

10 hours ago, El Zen said:

Now that I’ve reached the ultimate rank of Grand Master, what the f*** am I supposed to with my life? There is nothing left to achieve.

Beat me to it by 300 points. 😥

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone is planning to fly out of Heathrow shortly. I took a mate down there yesterday who is flying to New Zealand (via Los Angeles). He passed through check in and Customs with very little trouble and said there were no significant problems. Hope this might reassure any one using LHR.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Just had another cherry Jaffa, just in case I was mentally in the wrong place yesterday to embrace change.

Still sub standard.

I mean, not spit it out awful, just disappointing.

IIRC you can get some obscure jaffa cake flavours in polish shops....I am sure I've had raspberry, pineapple and cherry ones - nice, too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Die Another Day is on the tellybox just now. The films 20 years old man. Madonna doesn't even look like an old lady. 

I watched that on Prime the other day.  It must contain the worst CGI of any film I have ever seen, especially the bit where we are supposed to believe that Pierce Brosnan is kite surfing on an ice berg that's being melted by a giant laser beam from space.  It's an utter wank film from start to finish which is a shame as I like his other 3 Bond films. 

22 hours ago, El Zen said:

Now that I’ve reached the ultimate rank of Grand Master, what the f*** am I supposed to with my life? There is nothing left to achieve.

They'll let anyone become a Grand Master nowadays! ;) 

• Haha 1

Amazing storm happening in South devon.

Have listened to it for the last half hour getting closer and closer, now it's overhead! 

Thunder every 10 seconds, occasional brilliant lightning and bucketing down.

as I've typed this, It's almost past us now and continuing northwards. Rain has stopped but thundering still away into the distance

Awesome

• Like 2

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Have listened to it for the last half hour getting closer and closer, now it's overhead! 

as I've typed this, It's almost past us now and continuing northwards. Rain has stopped but thundering still away into the distance

Awesome

I was out walking the dog earlier thinking it felt a bit like there was a storm in the air somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm only 50 odd points away from finally becoming a Grand Master. I reckon I'll have to come up with something brilliant to push myself over the line. Whilst I'm thinking about it I'll go write to the local Tory MP asking how I can better avoid tax on a holiday home. I want to write a decent letter so will inspire myself by writing it while sat down on the toilet, listening to the Beatles and staring at a picture of the Queen. Just remembered it's fish and chips for dinner, better order some extra gravy. Oh and something about socks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 15/05/2022 at 01:32, theboyangel said:

Awesome

I love a good thunderstorm, the power and scale of the noise and lightening, and the torrential downpours that often follow are great fun to go out in. Makes me feel alive, and it makes you realise how tiny and insignificant we are compared to the power of nature.

My wife tells me I’m talking bollocks, naturally. 

• Like 4

Russia has threatened to create a nuclear tsunami that will flood the UK with 100 feet of water. 

We need to take action. 

Can anyone think of a way we can encourage lots of people to come to the UK with inflatable boats?  

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russia has threatened to create a nuclear tsunami that will flood the UK with 100 feet of water. 

We need to take action. 

Can anyone think of a way we can encourage lots of people to come to the UK with inflatable boats?  

Good thing that on average the UK is 250 above sea level. 

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We need to take action. 

Good luck with that. If they attack the uk they will have the US, and nato coming after them. It would be a suicide mission for them

Got excited then. Mrs Sidcow just switched on a TV show called "Filthy Garden SOS." I thought finally a gardening show I could get into, was looking forward to Charlie Dimmock finally just flopping them out.  Unfortunately it wasn't what I was expecting. 

• Haha 1

Â