General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The one thing that i dont like is trainers with suits. It looks chavvy and wrong

I do the opposite. Pair of baggy grey joggers matched with nice pair of pepperpot brogues. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently it's going to hit 23°c next week. 

Shorts will be acceptable. 

OK. It would have to be something like that before I even begin to consider shorts. 

52 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

£7.1m for Maradona’s shirt.

Can’t imagine many Villa supporters of a certain age will feel too pleased for Steve Hodge this evening.

He had to wait for him to die to auction it.

Dressing for comfort at home just makes sense. I've been known to lounge around the house in swim shorts, because they're comfy AF. Usually put a top on if I'm working :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing i never do at home is just walk around in underpants. 

I do quite often, got to stop as my daughter is getting older 

She's 15 and it embarrasses her mates 

I'm joking she's 2

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing i never do at home is just walk around in underpants. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I do quite often, got to stop as my daughter is getting older 

She's 15 and it embarrasses her mates 

I'm joking she's 2

You live in Germany its normal behaviour. Soon you'll be putting a towel down to reserve your favourite armchair :D

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

You live in Germany its normal behaviour. Soon you'll be putting a towel down to reserve your favourite armchair :D

True to stereotypes the wife beats me to it by about an hour every morning 

• Haha 3

Got to see what appeared to be a police sting earlier.

No idea what it was about but theres something a bit sinister about a dozen plain clothes police in masks with police caps on grabbing someone out of a car in the middle of the road in the middle of the day, cuffing them and shoving them in an unmarked minivan.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

No idea what it was about but theres something a bit sinister about a dozen plain clothes police in masks with police caps on grabbing someone out of a car in the middle of the road in the middle of the day, cuffing them and shoving them in an unmarked minivan.

Sounds like a kidnapping!

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

They were probably a climate change protester. 

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

A few years back on the motorway just outside Liverpool, I noticed a car speeding up the hard shoulder. It got a few cars out ahead and suddenly there was a fairly rapid fairly controlled stop with one car boxed in by a whole bunch of plain police cars.

It was the next bit I’d never seen before or since. Once stopped, a policeman got out of the front of a car and smashed a side window of the stopped car, no messing, no request, jumped out and smashed window. Second policeman got out of car and pretty much threw a police dog through the smashed window!

This was on a fairly busy but still residential road. I heard the tyre screech and a dull thump, and assumed there'd been a crash - we get a couple of crashes a year round here so not that unfamiliar a sound. Then there was some shouting which caught my attention, thinking the involved parties have decided to have it out, so I looked out and saw all these people in masks and police baseball caps swarming a car with loads of shouting. It looked like they'd boxed the car in with a car in front, one alongside that had cut in across it, and a van behind, all unmarked, with the van having hidden flashing lights in its usual light clusters.

A bunch of the coppers were at the drivers door and pulling someone out, who they then held on the ground to cuff, before shoving them up against the van and holding them there. That was followed by what sounded like the coppers shouting 'Blue A OK! Blue B Ok!' etc, like a roll call. And then they shoved the guy in the van, while another guy who they'd got out of the car was stood being held next to one of the unmarked cars. A police van then appeared and a few coppers went over to it and had some kind of debrief, and quickly slipped away, the car they stopped had vanished and the area went from a dozen angry plain clothes coppers on a sting to no trace anything had happened.

In Boston in the 70s and 80s, there was popular and controversial local sportscaster who was a notorious drunk and rumored diddler of young boys. He was eventually arrested for it and went to prison. 

Anyway, yesterday on Twitter, I commented on a post about a sketchy part of Boston that when I was 11, some guy tried to get me to follow him down an alleyway there. Guess who "liked" the comment!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve bought some cherry flavour Jaffa cakes.

Nope. Won’t be buying them again.

The lemon and lime ones are nice

I'd skip the pineapple ones! 

• Like 1

Â