General Chat

Stevo985

For tax reasons and so I can give a huge chunk to my daughter, we are in a syndicate. I pay it every week, but we are in a syndicate so the money can be split without tax implications. I would definitely remain anonymous, and as thankfully the family tend not to visit, they won't realise we have moved. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id probably not go for a expensive car just not worth it as that screams as a lottery winner! I have a quashqui and i love it. Id keep it or just get a newer one.

The money would be wasted on you mate ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

id go to asia somewhere via dubai and pay for fly emirates swimming pool service or whatever it is they've got up there

the wife has never flown with them before so im sure she'll enjoy economy at least

Hong Kong via Dubai. First class flights and then stop at a 5 star hotel (Four Seasons/Landmark/Mandarin Oriental) and then get booked into a few of the 50 or so Michelin starred restaurants they have. 

Thats how I'd start my life as a lotto lout ;)

• Like 1

£184m. I’d sort my mom, dad and brother out with £5m each. I’d give £15m to the other half’s family for them to divide amongst themselves. £4m to charity. 

I’d stay in all the best hotels along the Scottish coast and hide away for 6months, then do the same along the south west coast from Swanage back up to Porlock, stay as long as I want at each place and then finally **** off and pay for entry to Japan and visit everywhere from Hokkaido to Okinawa and everywhere in between before buying a place somewhere on the outskirts of Tokyo in the countryside and just live out my life there forever more. 

Oh and I’d get a Porsche 718 Boxster in silver with black/red leather and all the extras. Clichéd but I’ve always wanted a Porsche since playing Porsche Challenge on the ps1 as a kid.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Or where he came in the quiz ...

Where I came is my own business. 

(Sensible answer: 5th, out of 20). 

I was, however, the only person in the room to correctly the question "Which English king succeeded Henry II?" 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

For tax reasons and so I can give a huge chunk to my daughter, we are in a syndicate. I pay it every week, but we are in a syndicate so the money can be split without tax implications.

That’s some serious forward planning! 😀

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

£184m. I’d sort my mom, dad and brother out with £5m each. I’d give £15m to the other half’s family for them to divide amongst themselves. £4m to charity. 

I’d stay in all the best hotels along the Scottish coast and hide away for 6months, then do the same along the south west coast from Swanage back up to Porlock, stay as long as I want at each place and then finally **** off and pay for entry to Japan and visit everywhere from Hokkaido to Okinawa and everywhere in between before buying a place somewhere on the outskirts of Tokyo in the countryside and just live out my life there forever more. 

Oh and I’d get a Porsche 718 Boxster in silver with black/red leather and all the extras. Clichéd but I’ve always wanted a Porsche since playing Porsche Challenge on the ps1 as a kid.  

Outskirts of Tokyo? 

For £184m ill be down roppongi Hills baby

But I would try and get somewhere out there too as an Eastern base, then a new York house of me in brooklyn and a california beach house for the wife, I'd then build new houses in Germany and the UK which would no doubt take a couple of years, I'd have 2 years to livw the life of Riley before my daughter started school 

Aston Martin for me, big bond fan 

I've always thought that I'd take my lads group to vegas, rent tuxes and stick $1m on red or black for shits and giggles, share the winnings out between them if I won and just get smashed anyway if I lost but knowing my lads group I'm never entirely convinced Vegas would be our thing, we could get blind drunk and have a good time celebrating anywhere so why bother with all that 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Outskirts of Tokyo? 

But I would try and get somewhere out there too as an Eastern base, then a new York house of me in brooklyn and a california beach house for the wife, I'd then build new houses in Germany and the UK which would no doubt take a couple of years, I'd have 2 years to livw the life of Riley before my daughter started school 

I've always thought that I'd take my lads group to vegas, rent tuxes and stick $1m on red or black for shits and giggles, share the winnings out between them if I won and just get smashed anyway if I lost but knowing my lads group I'm never entirely convinced Vegas would be our thing, we could get blind drunk and have a good time celebrating anywhere so why bother with all that 

I think I’d just much prefer living in the sticks somewhere quiet and peaceful but still a drivable distance from downtown Ginza and the like. Maybe a bit further somewhere out on the coast a bit past Enoshima. 

I would just holiday other places around the world as I wouldn’t want to contribute to ghost ‘Airbnb’ towns by having property I hardly use.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Where I came is my own business. 

(Sensible answer: 5th, out of 20). 

I was, however, the only person in the room to correctly the question "Which English king succeeded Henry II?" 

By coincidence, today is the 870th anniversary of Henry II’s wedding to Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Sent them a card.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

For tax reasons and so I can give a huge chunk to my daughter, we are in a syndicate. I pay it every week, but we are in a syndicate so the money can be split without tax implications. I would definitely remain anonymous, and as thankfully the family tend not to visit, they won't realise we have moved. 

You should at least tell the Mrs. where you've gone.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Outskirts of Tokyo? 

Only 3000 miles between you and the wife

You sure that's far enough?

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No one building a bumper cars set in their back garden then? 

I’d do what that chav who won about £20m did, build a destruction derby in the back garden.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d do what that chav who won about £20m did, build a destruction derby in the back garden.

Mikey “back on the bins” Carroll?

Â