General Chat

Stevo985

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You should definitely avoid ASMR Glow, Isabel Imagination ASMR, and Valeriya ASMR

ASMR Glow is my favourite, I love her accent (and yes that wasn’t the first thing that drew her to my attention).

I like the tapping sounds, unintelligible noises on ASMR. If I find I’m more likely to fall asleep that way, a bit like rain against a window. Really relaxing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

ASMR Glow is my favourite, I love her accent (and yes that wasn’t the first thing that drew her to my attention).

I like the tapping sounds, unintelligible noises on ASMR. If I find I’m more likely to fall asleep that way, a bit like rain against a window. Really relaxing.

Yeah she's good. Some of the ones where she speaks French are good ones to fall asleep to.

Lily Whispers ASMR is a good one for True Crime ones. Just hear telling you about a murder case or whatever. Sounds weird but it's very relaxing

• Like 1

I just got sent this...

Hello

I hope this email finds you well.

We are regular users of your taxis so would like to offer your drivers an opportunity to see more of Strawberry Field.

We would like to invite your drivers to come along to the John Lennon exhibition and learn more about what Strawberry Field is and what we offer in the community.

Should they wish to visit they would need to give their name and show id to the front desk.

We hope you can  help us to get the message out about Strawberry Field to those visiting Liverpool.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

On top of the obvious, it was sent by the Salvation Army too, double getting thrown in the waste bin on my PC

:mrgreen:

Villa man Prince William telling it as it is.  Scientists and billionaires should be healing our near terminal planet instead of sending rockets into space for the sake of tourism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Villa man Prince William telling it as it is.  Scientists and billionaires should be healing our near terminal planet instead of sending rockets into space for the sake of tourism. 

the facebook brigade will be out telling us that he used a private jet to get to that soap box

or does that only apply to harry?

he is right though, seen a few things recently that made reference to the yanks spending on NASA and the vietnam war in the 60s / 70s whilst at home they went to rack and ruin

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Assuming people have been to Cadbury World, would you recommend it for a 4 year old or is it too grown up for that age range? My lad keeps saying he wants to go to a chocolate factory. 

It’ll be fine for 4 year old. It’s a great day out. 

Have a look around for vouchers or deals as they tend to do lots.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’ll be fine for 4 year old. It’s a great day out. 

Have a look around for vouchers or deals as they tend to do lots.

There was a period a month or two back I couldn't stop "winning" the sodding things everytime I bought fuel at a BP petrol station

Oh you've won.

Is it a 2 4 1 at a range of tourist attractions I have zero interest in?

Yes

I haven't won anything then

Eventually it got to

Oh you... no you haven't

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Assuming people have been to Cadbury World, would you recommend it for a 4 year old or is it too grown up for that age range? My lad keeps saying he wants to go to a chocolate factory. 

Yes, they chucked a massive soft play in the middle of it and reduced how much chocolate you can eat. I'd say it's now only really relevant for a 4 year old.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yes, they chucked a massive soft play in the middle of it and reduced how much chocolate you can eat. I'd say it's now only really relevant for a 4 year old.

Used to be so much free chocolate when it first opened. 
You turned a corner - curly wurlys all round!
You looked at a thing - have seven whispers!
You smiled - here’s a sack of creme eggs!

When I went as a nipper they had that room of mirrors that when you’re a dumbass little kid you think is a massive endless space. Then there was the Amazon jungle room and you got a little cup of proper hot cocoa without the sugar or milk added. Then it was a walk around the factory (I remember seeing my Nan as she worked there at the time) and a little bit outside in the gardens from what I can remember. My favourite memory though was my Nan getting endless stuff with her staff card, I used to love the bag of off cuts and misshaped stuff.

Went a few years ago taking a few patients from work, it’s completely different but still quite good imo, there a little Victorian village which as we went at Christmas time looked great, you still get 3 or 4 bars of chocolate as you make your way around, you get to have a go at making some stuff in moulds, walk around a bit of the factory watching stuff get made and there’s a few videos to sit and watch with holograms explaining stuff and rooms to walk through with a jungle and river. I think it’s quite good. I just want the room of mirrors back.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheFirstMan said:

cadbury world is shite compared to what it was - don't bother 

Never been before so nothing to compare it to. 

Would also happily say no to the free chocolates if it meant that I got money back off the tickets. 

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

My favourite memory though was my Nan getting endless stuff with her staff card, I used to love the bag of off cuts and misshaped stuff.

I used to love going to the staff shop. My Dad worked at Cadburys but passed away before I was 1. My mom got one of the cards with his work pension. So it was always a nice link to him when we went. Likewise every Christmas my mom was sent a box of goodies which was exciting every year and again felt extra special to me. I'm sure my mom probably dreaded it as me and my brother would try and claim the best bits. That all stopped when Kraft took over though. 

As for Cadbury World I'd say a 4 year old would enjoy it but the best age range being about 6-11, as they would get a bit more out of it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I used to love going to the staff shop. My Dad worked at Cadburys but passed away before I was 1. My mom got one of the cards with his work pension. So it was always a nice link to him when we went. Likewise every Christmas my mom was sent a box of goodies which was exciting every year and again felt extra special to me. I'm sure my mom probably dreaded it as me and my brother would try and claim the best bits. That all stopped when Kraft took over though. 

As for Cadbury World I'd say a 4 year old would enjoy it but the best age range being about 6-11, as they would get a bit more out of it. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad, was nice that they continued to remember him and send stuff. 

Having looked at their website I got the feeling that he's a few years too young to make the most of it but we'll see how he's getting on over half term and decide whether or not to go. 

Do you remember that time when everyone had to run off and fill up their cars and Jerry cans to the brim because we were going to run out of petrol? Whatever happened to that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Do you remember that time when everyone had to run off and fill up their cars and Jerry cans to the brim because we were going to run out of petrol? Whatever happened to that? 

I've never seen the petrol stations so quiet! Old Margaret managed to put enough unleaded into her Fiat Panda to last her 6 months. 

• Like 1

Â