General Chat

Stevo985

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Any recommendations for things to do in Dublin that don't involve alcohol

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Tumble weed

There's a big thread on Dublin in the travel forum.

Some things of note:

Guinness factory (I know I know, no alcohol. But it's still interesting if you don't drink anything)
Kilmainham Gaol (Book ahead, it fills up fast)
Little Museum of Dublin
Trinity College
St Stephens Green (this is an area, but it's nice. Parks, nice hotels, decent bars etc. Less touristy than Temple Bar. That being said...)
Temple bar (it's a **** dive and I wouldn't spend much time there but it's worth visiting just to say you've been. Get a picture outside of The Temple Bar and get out while you still can)
The Famine Statue/Molly Malone statue (I mean they're just statues but they're good for a picture and interesting)
Croke Park or the Aviva if they do stadium tours

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there's plenty more

• Thanks 1

I don't much care about art personally, but I got taken by a friend to see the Caravaggio at the National Gallery of Ireland and I have to admit it's a spectacular painting. There was some other decent stuff there too, worth a morning if you're there anyway. 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I was just telling my 2 year old son that we need to put his toys away as his bath is ready.

He stood up, walked over to me, put his finger on my lips, said “shhhhhh” and then whilst remaining eye contact, forced out a loud, wet fart.

LAD !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I was just telling my 2 year old son that we need to put his toys away as his bath is ready.

He stood up, walked over to me, put his finger on my lips, said “shhhhhh” and then whilst remaining eye contact, forced out a loud, wet fart.

Wait till he discovers beer😂

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 10:05, HanoiVillan said:

I don't much care about art personally, but I got taken by a friend to see the Caravaggio at the National Gallery of Ireland and I have to admit it's a spectacular painting. There was some other decent stuff there too, worth a morning if you're there anyway. 

similar , i went to the Immersive van Gogh thing in London ... I expected to stand there look at some paintings and say " it's shit" and walk off 

but It was actually rather well put together and enjoyable  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

similar , i went to the Immersive van Gogh thing in London ... I expected to stand there look at some paintings and say " it's shit" and walk off 

but It was actually rather well put together and enjoyable  

It's fantastic. I assume you did the VR headset bit? 

On 14/10/2021 at 09:27, villa4europe said:

the facebook brigade will be out telling us that he used a private jet to get to that soap box

or does that only apply to harry?

he is right though, seen a few things recently that made reference to the yanks spending on NASA and the vietnam war in the 60s / 70s whilst at home they went to rack and ruin

NASA returns more per dollar spent than pretty much anything else the USA invests in. The scientific advancements made by NASA that have had relevance on earth are absolutely enormous. Whatever about Musk & Bezos and their vanity projects, I don't know the ins and outs, but people shouldn't put NASA into the same conversation.

• Like 2

On 21/09/2021 at 23:41, Chindie said:

That 'van life' missing woman case in the US has now become a murder case.

Couple goes off on a van based roadtrip, the man comes back alone with the girls van, and then disappears.

Not sure we need Colombo on this one

On 22/09/2021 at 17:16, Chindie said:

I can understand being very wary of speaking to the police - they will use anything you say in anyway they possibly can, which is why you want a lawyer present - but... disappearing and not appearing to want to help is not a good look.

Bolt that onto the fact it already looks pretty shifty and err... Well you'd have good money on he did it. I bet there's fairly long odds on this ending well.

As expected, the boyfriend found dead.

The minute he disappeared I'd have put good money on him being a corpse when they found him. No surprise that's exactly what's happened.

Holy shit. 

Alec Baldwin is apparently filming a... film.

A scene in which he shoots someone, he actually shot someone using a prop gun, which actually killed them.. 

I'm assuming he thought the gun was properly loaded, or safe to use in the scene or whatever... but yea.. wow. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Holy shit. 

A scene in which he shoots someone, he actually shot someone using a prop gun, which actually killed them.. 

I'm assuming he thought the gun was properly loaded, or safe to use in the scene or whatever... but yea.. wow. 

Not only that but the film is actually about someone who accidentally shot someone.

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Holy shit. 

It's tragic.  She looked lovely as well (not that it isn't tragic for it to happen to anyone else of course). 

Remember Brandon Lee?

In the film shoot preceding the fatal scene, the prop gun, which is a real revolver, was loaded with improperly-made dummy rounds, cartridges from which the special-effects crew had removed the powder charges so in close-ups the revolver would show normal-looking ammunitions. However, the crew neglected to remove the primers from the cartridges. At some point before the fatal event, one of the rounds had been fired; although there was no powder charges, the energy from the ignited primer was enough to separate the bullet from the casing and push it part-way into the gun barrel, where it got stuck (a condition known as a squib load). For the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 ft), the dummy cartridges were replaced with blank rounds, which contained a powder charge and the primer, but no solid bullet, allowing the gun to be fired with sound and flash effects without the risk of an actual projectile. However, the gun was not properly checked and cleared before the blank round was fired, and the dummy bullet previously lodged in the barrel was then propelled forward by the blank and shot out the muzzle with almost the same force as if the round were live, striking Lee in the abdomen.

Wiki.

On 20/10/2021 at 10:58, mjmooney said:

It's fantastic. I assume you did the VR headset bit? 

Yeah I've done the VR head set stuff, just make sure the front door is double locked.

Sorry just read the previous posts😂

Edited by foreveryoung

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

The boy turned 17 on Friday so went out with his mates on Saturday to London .

They  ended up at the Diwali event in Trafalgar Square for a few hours , went to China Town for dinner and then hung out outside the Classic FM studio for a while  in case they could meet some presenters coming out .

I picked him up from Woking station at 10:00 pm 

my 17th involved me being naked in the streets at 2 am and spending the night with my head down the bog

should I arrange a paternity test or are 17 year olds now just not into drinking ? 

My parents were away for my 17th

It was a life lesson. That lesson, was that if you are sick in your own bed, bundle up the sheets to capture all the sick and bundle them in the washing machine, what you end up with, is well cleaned sick chunks.

Â