General Chat

Stevo985

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Which thread was it where somebody posted a pic of a Hawker Hunter on a stand, somewhere in Birmingham? Damned if I can find it. 

Not sure but it's on The Warwick Road in Tyseley outside the SCC headquarters. 

Edited by sidcow

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Which thread was it where somebody posted a pic of a Hawker Hunter on a stand, somewhere in Birmingham? Damned if I can find it. 

I believe it's actually a Hawker Sea Hawk by the way, a carrier based variant. 

You sure it was on VT? I don't remember seeing it mentioned before. 

I actually drove past it when it was being installed on my way to the Everton game. 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If you google "Hall Green Residents Hawker Hunter" it brings up a Facebook page which has a picture of it being installed, which must have been taken almost the exact time I drove past. 

Apparently the owner of SCC is a big aviation fan and used to fly the aircraft before it was grounded. 

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I believe it's actually a Hawker Sea Hawk by the way, a carrier based variant. 

You sure it was on VT? I don't remember seeing it mentioned before. 

OK, must have seen it on some other forum. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

18 holes of Guinness golf.

Avoiding the Grafton St bunker but definitely taking ina drink at the 19th hole (Guiness Brewery Tour - the view from the tower at the end with a free pint is worth it. 360 degrees view over the city)

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Avoiding the Grafton St bunker but definitely taking ina drink at the 19th hole (Guiness Brewery Tour - the view from the tower at the end with a free pint is worth it. 360 degrees view over the city)

That's the Clubhouse! And it is a great place for a Guinness, as you would hope/expect.

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Any recommendations for things to do in Dublin that don't involve alcohol

Its the Virgin Mary for you then (Mooney it)

I quite like the idea of doing the skywalk around the top of Croke Park for the views

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Colonoscopy tomorrow woohoo! 

On a liquid diet now and I'm already starving - 4 more hours before I start drinking the stuff that makes you 💩

Good luck, mate. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Colonoscopy tomorrow woohoo! 

On a liquid diet now and I'm already starving - 4 more hours before I start drinking the stuff that makes you 💩

Good luck mate. I had one a few years ago. Luckily camera equipment has improved so they're not sticking a box brownie (arf arf!) up there :) 

• Haha 1

Â