General Chat

Stevo985

WhatsApp for business is likely to be how they push monetisation after the backlash to introducing ads. The value in Whatsapp is the market share and allowing businesses to access those users.

• Like 1

Random question - I go to Bannatynes gym and was in one of their jacuzzis yesterday when I cut the bottom of my foot on a piece of plastic debris that had broken off one of the filter covers.

Nothing serious and not worth a claim or anything providing my foot doesn’t turn gangrenous but was wondering if it’s worth asking them for something in the way of compensation e.g discounted membership?

Any advice? 

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Random question - I go to Bannatynes gym and was in one of their jacuzzis yesterday when I cut the bottom of my foot on a piece of plastic debris that had broken off one of the filter covers.

Nothing serious and not worth a claim or anything providing my foot doesn’t turn gangrenous but was wondering if it’s worth asking them for something in the way of compensation e.g discounted membership?

Any advice? 

Yes.

Stop drying your arsehole with the hair dryer.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Any advice? 

As a minimum you should log it with them officially. It might stop someone else getting a serious injury. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Any advice? 

I’d just let them know about the debris to prevent it from happening again (as per Genie) but wouldn’t ask for anything. I’d feel very awkward asking for anything anyway. But if you tell them, as you should, they might just offer you something anyway (just don’t sign any US style liability waivers in return, in case it turns out to be more serious.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Got to the Tamworth Herald and tell them. Then pose for a photo with your arms folded and best sad 'I want compensation' face. 

Perhaps claim you are traumatised and anxious as a result. You'll coin it in! 

Must remember to tell them that you reported it at the time but the manager said he didn’t care and was too busy to sort it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Any advice? 

Facebook is back up and running now, best put it on there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Any advice? 

Please bear with me.  I absolutely hate the claims culture that seems to pervade everywhere at the moment. 

If someone has not been seriously hurt/properly frightened and not lost any income it really frigging annoys me that people get compensation.

They've been closed through lockdown and may be struggling as a business.  It will be insured but they're probably paying a decent whack of premium in that business and will have a sizeable excess that will come directly out of the Gyms budget. 

I agree they should be informed so no one has a more serious injury. 

I'm not having a go at you, I understand what you're saying and that your not looking for a frivolous claim.  Just as a discussion point it just seems to be an accepted thing these days that people should get compensation for anything, I know others will tell you to stick it to the man and take them for what you can, and it's annoying to see other people doing the same and getting cash. 

I just see so much of this in my job.  So many of them you just think "what's really happened to deserve a wad of cash out of this?"

So in short my advice is to tell them what happened, they might offer something anyway. 

And it definitely should be logged in case your foot does fall off because then you will totally deserve some compensation. 

I hope your foot doesn't fall off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Please bear with me.  I absolutely hate the claims culture that seems to pervade everywhere at the moment. 

If someone has not been seriously hurt/properly frightened and not lost any income it really frigging annoys me that people get compensation.

They've been closed through lockdown and may be struggling as a business.  It will be insured but they're probably paying a decent whack of premium in that business and will have a sizeable excess that will come directly out of the Gyms budget. 

I agree they should be informed so no one has a more serious injury. 

I'm not having a go at you, I understand what you're saying and that your not looking for a frivolous claim.  Just as a discussion point it just seems to be an accepted thing these days that people should get compensation for anything, I know others will tell you to stick it to the man and take them for what you can, and it's annoying to see other people doing the same and getting cash. 

I just see so much of this in my job.  So many of them you just think "what's really happened to deserve a wad of cash out of this?"

So in short my advice is to tell them what happened, they might offer something anyway. 

And it definitely should be logged in case your foot does fall off because then you will totally deserve some compensation. 

I hope your foot doesn't fall off. 

If he's paying a fair amount of money (£25-50 a month I think) for a gym subscription then he should at least expect not to be injured (even a minor one) whilst using their facilities. They should offer him some compensation for the faulty service and the injury. I'm not saying thousands but I'd expect at least a month's fees discounted which seems fair. It's no different then if you bought something from Amazon or McDonald's or wherever and it wasn't what you'd paid for and if there was an issue you'd expect them to make it right. 

• Like 2

Why are all these energy companies going bust? I thought energy suppliers all hedged their prices? Shouldn't it be some city whizz crashing and burning on this? 

Strikes me that a lot of these smaller energy companies were chancers who didn't really understand the market they operate in and were not budgeting very well. 

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are all these energy companies going bust? I thought energy suppliers all hedged their prices? Shouldn't it be some city whizz crashing and burning on this? 

Strikes me that a lot of these smaller energy companies were chancers who didn't really understand the market they operate in and were not budgeting very well. 

Gamblers 

Offering to resell gas at a certain price in the hope that the wholesale price doesn't go above that price. 

Â