General Chat

Stevo985

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

their workmen had left various things all over our garden for weeks (which would have been fine if they'd asked, but they didn't which annoyed me). 

Random litter in your garden? Should have tidied it up into the bin :) 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Random litter in your garden? Should have tidied it up into the bin :) 

If it wasn't mostly 6x4 foot safety barriers and road signs they'd stacked up I might have. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

If it wasn't mostly 6x4 foot safety barriers and road signs they'd stacked up I might have. 

Wasn't ebay actually invented for just such occasions? 

• Like 1

Bearing in mind I live in Shirley and a good couple of miles from open countryside.  I just saw the security light come on out the back.  Had a look as it's usually a cat or a fox, well knock me down with a feather there is only a bloody badger ferreting around out there. 

I'd noticed gouges in the lawn recently but just thought the foxes or squirrels were getting more active or something. 

Never seen a badger in the garden before, quite weird actually. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bearing in mind I live in Shirley and a good couple of miles from open countryside.  I just saw the security light come on out the back.  Had a look as it's usually a cat or a fox, well knock me down with a feather there is only a bloody badger ferriting around out there. 

I'd noticed gouges in the lawn recently but just thought the foxes or squirrels were getting more active or something. 

Too set in your ways, expect the unexpected

Speaking of wildlife there are literally zero oak nuts on the trees this year.  There was definitely a mast year last year as there were billions.  You expect a poor yield the following year but from what I can see there are zero this year. Not many squirrels are going to see out this winter. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Bearing in mind I live in Shirley and a good couple of miles from open countryside.  I just saw the security light come on out the back.  Had a look as it's usually a cat or a fox, well knock me down with a feather there is only a bloody badger ferriting around out there. 

My parents live in Shirley and had a badger problem for ages. Destroyed the lawn, smashed its way through fences etc. At some point they had propped an old table (stone-topped solid thing) up against a fence where one hole was. The badger just smashed that over too.

Apparently the lonely old dear next door had been feeding the badger :D. Took a while for them to disappear (the badger, that is)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Sounds more like a Gumtree kind of thing, first to pick them up gets them, we'll leave them on the lawn

They're still bloody there today (and now also on my neighbours lawn). If you want them just let me know, they're on the lawn as requested. 

I also appear to have acquired a small digger as they've left that unattended just off my lawn. 

IMG_20211008_092532.jpg

30 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

They're still bloody there today (and now also on my neighbours lawn). If you want them just let me know, they're on the lawn as requested. 

I also appear to have acquired a small digger as they've left that unattended just off my lawn. 

IMG_20211008_092532.jpg

I don't know why, because it's not exactly the worst thing in the world, but I find that infuriating.

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't know why, because it's not exactly the worst thing in the world, but I find that infuriating.

As I said to the guy and in my original post. I'd be absolutely fine with it and would actually prefer for them to block my garden rather than block the pavement, if they'd just asked me first. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

27 days till the Christmas Market opens 🎅🤶🎄🎄

We've talked about having a team night out there from work... well, we work yards away from it so its no big hassle! 

I think it will make the world seem more normal again. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We've talked about having a team night out there from work... well, we work yards away from it so its no big hassle! 

What, a singing moose makes the world seem normal

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I’ve been twice and it was absolutely shoulder to shoulder rammed both times. I’m this Covid era it appeals even less now.

Â