General Chat

Stevo985

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One of those punning names that work in American, but not British. I just read that as 'chick filler', but of course it's supposed to be filet, pronounced fillay, as in French. Just like McDonalds has the 'filet-o-fish' that Brits inevitably see as 'fillet of fish' - nobody would be seen dead saying 'fillay o fish'. 

That's the reason I hate ordering a 'pain au chocalat'.  I don't want to come across as some pretentious douche trying to sound French but then I don't want to sound like an un-cultured swine and say it wrong either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

The best burger I have ever eaten was The Jam House burger at The Jam House in St Paul's Square.  It was just magnificent, burger perfection.

Then they came out with a new version which was shit. One of the worst days of my life when that was plonked before me and I realised the golden days were over. 

I would literally give my right arm for McDonalds to bring back their little packs of Mild Mustard Sauce. 

Comfortably the best burger I've ever had in my life is one from the SmashBurger at Toronto Pearson airport. I realise that comment makes me sound a complete pleb, but it's the truth 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

20210509_182753.jpg

Looks like a greasy heart attack on a plate. Can't wait for the brioche bun fad to end too, ruins a burger, they're savoury foods not sweet. 

Also, why do the fries contain milk and soy? Is there cheese on them too? 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I only had a whitey once, it was pretty horrible. Luckily, unlike a hangover it passes relatively quickly. 

I had one in Amsterdam once and i'll never know how I got back to the hotel! I was, medically speaking, monged. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Looks like a greasy heart attack on a plate. Can't wait for the brioche bun fad to end too, ruins a burger, they're savoury foods not sweet. 

Also, why do the fries contain milk and soy? Is there cheese on them too? 

if your gonna die, die happy 😋

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I just called my mom.

“Hi mom, am I okay to use your washing machine when I drop Max off later? We still can’t use ours”

“Yeah of course and just to let you know, your nan’s been to a hospital appointment today and they’ve determined they don’t need to operate on her prolapsed anus.”

I’ll have the rest of my lunch later I think.

Put me right off my salami and pastrami sandwich. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Been caught doing 62kmph in a 50 zone 

Got a £12 fine... 

Does everyone in Germany drive a German car? I can't imagine they'd buy a Citroen or Renault. 

Fantastic car heritage over there. You look at how the British car industry died and can see how appallingly it was managed over the years and compare it to what happens in Germany. Light years ahead of us. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2021 at 18:09, villa4europe said:

To be fair they do really good chicken wings there 

Ha for shame I failed to finish the 50 chicken wings when I ordered them

tbf id been drinking all day and I just literally ran out of momentum and focused on some more beer , I reckon on another day I could complete the job 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Does everyone in Germany drive a German car? I can't imagine they'd buy a Citroen or Renault. 

Fantastic car heritage over there. You look at how the British car industry died and can see how appallingly it was managed over the years and compare it to what happens in Germany. Light years ahead of us. 

Not everyone, Ford are popular here and tesla are getting big, but yeah in general the big 4 are crazy popular but also there are a hell of a lot of porsches, the crazy thing is where people park, basically there is no parking, it's all apartments and everyone just leaves there car on the path outside as a free for all, its like what you'd see outside terraced housing in the UK, opposite my flat now is a 80.000€ etron, on the street up the kerb without a care in the world, down the bottom of my road there's a 120.000€ porsche, there's an RS6 somewhere too, you can probably tell from that it's not a rough area but it still seems mad to me parking your fancy car around the corner wherever you can find a space, loads of cars with dings in them 

My wife has a VW golf, I usually walk to work but the one day I had to go in to collect all my screens and shit so I can work from home for 2 months I got caught speeding 

• Like 1

Â