General Chat

Stevo985

45 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

... For what it's worth, I actually think Bill Gates is an exception to the rule.. in a way. 

I do too. Though the anti vaxxers are having a field day because some of his polio vaccines seem to have caused some horrendous problems.

When I looked into it, they had been using a much cheaper oral tablet that clearly hadn't been trialled properly, and that's most likely down to the pharmaceutical company? They're constantly trying to fiddle trials here in the UK, so in the Third World you'd hardly be surprised if they were completely taking the piss?

Yet Gates is now the anti-christ, whilst the moneyed psychopath scum that think we should be held to ransom for healthcare are succeeding in achieving just that.

Edited by Xann

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've seen the video of the guy being stabbed in Smethwick, the strike itself is a flash out of nowhere, its so quick and his immediate reaction is like shock, he doesn't even seem to realise what's happened to him and then a second later it hits him, then another second later he hits the floor dead

I think that almost powerfully symbolises the entire action, its so quick and without realising what it is they've actually done

the answer starts at home, you cant rely on or blame the police or the judicial system or prisons or the tories with youth centre closures or schools, I don't know when it became so hard to teach kids "just don't be a word removed" 

and I would say seeing the video on twitter and then looking at some posts, the stabbing is obviously shocking....but the racism that came with it is mind blowing! its seemingly a crime that is exclusive to the black and Asian communities and the real answer to knife crime is white power

I saw Smethwick trending on twitter the other day, clicked it and watched the video in the first tweet that popped up without knowing what it was. I just thought a fisticuffs was about to break out or something. It made me feel sick, I had to distract myself with something else for a while because things like that play on loop in my head.

No way should a video like that be that accessible on social media. Sorry to be all...

accusing season 7 GIF

Some scumbag also uploaded that video very shortly after it had actually happened, most likely before any family had been told. The fact someone filmed it and put it on twitter for likes and retweets makes me want to live in the woods.

Edited by Paddywhack

seen a lot of criticism of the 2 guys in the car filming it, again don't think they could expect it to happen or fully understood what they were watching, probably expected fisticuffs and went in to playground mode which a lot of people would do the same (I would) my interest in it came from the strike and how quick and easy it was, scary stuff and not what comes to my mind when I think of a stabbing or knife attack

it should form a key piece of evidence in the hopefully prosecution and not go the other way and kill any case, what I think its not doing is trying to help identify and find all the faces in the video, its more of a morbid fascination

I don't like the 2nd video though of the medical crews trying to treat the guy as he's lay dying, I haven't watched that in full, no interest in it

• Like 1

It shocks me facebook and twitter still allow this content to be posted. I mean there have been much worse than that posted, shocking torture stuff. I mean they cannot design algorithms to delete this sort of content within a certain time. Makes you think they want it on there to attract more people.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I saw Smethwick trending on twitter the other day, clicked it and watched the video in the first tweet that popped up without knowing what it was. I just thought a fisticuffs was about to break out or something. It made me feel sick, I had to distract myself with something else for a while because things like that play on loop in my head.

I made a similar mistake clicking on barenakedislam website a few years ago and saw the video of a captured Jordanian fighter pilot doused in petrol, in a large cage with a petrol trail leading away from it. The cage was also dripping with petrol. Then the trail was lit after about 10 mins of hysterical preaching from someone off camera. 

The rest you can pretty much guess.

I hated myself for being in total frozen shock, not clicking off the site until the cage burst in to flames. Savage. That was years ago and it still freaks me out. 

Once I clicked on a video of an African bloke getting 'necklaced' which is basically where a tyre was placed around his neck and set alight. It was bloody horrific. I don't want to watch that.

Also, when I worked at the Harborne varsity pub our boss decided to start a team meeting by showing us a video of a British hostage (cant remember his name) being beheaded. I walked out.

I don't want to see life taken away but words removed will be words removed and find some sort of perverse pleasure in it.

On the flipside...I can take a blokes head off with a sniper rifle in Far Cry and carry on as normal.

This knife thing really reminds me.

A while back I had to stay at a place for a couple weeks. Was desperate so didn't have a lot of choice when it came to where I could stay. Ended up agreeing to stay for 3 weeks at a place where the individual rooms had no locks.

One fine day one of the words removed I was living with charged into my room without permission and tried to start a fight. Specifically threatened to stab me.

Being very aware of how these things can spiral out of control and fearing for my safety I moved out quickly. But now the equally word-removed that is the landlord is insisting i pay the remaining rent as well as money for a few other things instead of recognizing my right to be safe in my own residence, so it looks like this is going to the tribunal.

Any advice from anyone who might have been in a similar situation before (or not) is welcome. (Also any help from any fellow Aussies on here would be great)

@AVFC_Hitz - that's effing appalling !! How the feck is that any way to start a team meeting ?!? What was it's purpose - in ur gaffer's mind ? Some sort of twisted "bantz" ? 

I know you walked out and might've missed his point at the end but....Christ.....there's no way that could be justified or related to kicking off a meeting !

I'm surprised  no one (presumably) reported him. 

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

@AVFC_Hitz - that's effing appalling !! How the feck is that any way to start a team meeting ?!? What was it's purpose - in ur gaffer's mind ? Some sort of twisted "bantz" ? 

I know you walked out and might've missed his point at the end but....Christ.....there's no way that could be justified or related to kicking off a meeting !

I'm surprised  no one (presumably) reported him. 

I mean it wasn't a team meeting for a big corporation but he was still a boss of a business. I didn't hang around to see the consequences.

I guess it was "bantz". 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've seen the video of the guy being stabbed in Smethwick, the strike itself is a flash out of nowhere, its so quick and his immediate reaction is like shock, he doesn't even seem to realise what's happened to him and then a second later it hits him, then another second later he hits the floor dead

Its so quick its astonishing. One second alive. the next dead. Terrible. 

Police said earlier they have arrested 8 people. Hopefully they nail the culprit. 

• Like 2

On 27/04/2020 at 09:53, Dante_Lockhart said:

Even during lockdown there seems to be no end to knife crime.

Smethwick yesterday as well as Marsten Green I think? Videos all over social media of it.

Bring back to bloody death penalty, only way to deter them now. Prison isn't a threat.

Its terrible but i'm more for longer and harsher prison sentences. 

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not proud of it but I do have a kind of morbid fascination for videos like that. 

I wouldn’t say i enjoy them. Far from it. But I watch them

I get that, and I guess when I was younger I had the same morbid fascination too. 

I thought living in Istanbul had made me less sensitive to that. Death seems to come easier over there. I remember watching the news for the first time on Turkish television. They used have this weird compilation of minibus crashes, on the same routes I used to use sometimes. They'd roll over and the **** editors would put crash bang wallop sound effects over it.

I saw my first dead body after bringing my sister from the airport. The police were just laying a white sheet over it like they were laying a table.

9 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I get that, and I guess when I was younger I had the same morbid fascination too. 

I thought living in Istanbul had made me less sensitive to that. Death seems to come easier over there. I remember watching the news for the first time on Turkish television. They used have this weird compilation of minibus crashes, on the same routes I used to use sometimes. They'd roll over and the **** editors would put crash bang wallop sound effects over it.

I saw my first dead body after bringing my sister from the airport. The police were just laying a white sheet over it like they were laying a table.

Dont get me wrong. If someone showed it at the start of a team meeting I’d have your reaction too. Even just for the principle of it 

Â