General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They would be dead before they would be rich Chindie.  They make so much money on these medications and treatments mate.

Alot of consultants have shares in these pharmaceutical companies. Cancer makes certain powerful people rich. 

Are there any conspiracy theories you don’t believe in? :o

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They would be dead before they would be rich Chindie.  They make so much money on these medications and treatments mate.

Alot of consultants have shares in these pharmaceutical companies. Cancer makes certain powerful people rich. 

The cure for cancer would be the golden goose. Everyone who doesn't get killed by a heart attack or other disease or outside influence is a customer. The research it would open up, given the things it would need to solve to cure cancer, would be a revolution in medications.

It would make the pharmaceutical companies even more money.

The reason we don't have a cure for cancer isn't because companies don't want it. It's because it's astoundingly difficult to even begin to think about curing, because it's a disease that had it's faults in the very way each and every cell in all of our bodies works. That's a mindbogglingly enormous task to even begin thinking about trying to fix. It probably can't be fixed.

You can't be serious with this.

28 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Are there any conspiracy theories you don’t believe in? :o

You call it conspiracy I call it what i believe in ;)

Chindie ill read and respond to your post in the morning am half asleep =)

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's like cancer you think there is no cure for it? Of course there is. If you came up with the cure for it and tried to make it public you would be killed before you even get the chance.

But you guys are free to believe that diet coke and phones are safe I will continue as I am. Touch wood done me well so far !

Whereas my mobile phone and several diet soft drinks per day have left me absolutely riddled...

**** YOU, SCIENCE!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Villa talkers in general dont believe in much it seems :)

It's like cancer you think there is no cure for it? Of course there is. If you came up with the cure for it and tried to make it public you would be killed before you even get the chance.

But you guys are free to believe that diet coke and phones are safe I will continue as I am. Touch wood done me well so far !

I'm going to assume this is now parody.

I certainly hope so.

Touching wood can cause splinters, but Big Lumber don’t want you to know it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sorry Dem, that's bonkers.

Subscribing to unfounded conspiracy theories doesn't make you safer. It makes you paranoid and ill informed. 

Luckily you're not really doing yourself any harm by avoiding fizzy drinks or not sleeping with your phone by your pilow. However the belief that you'll be murdered for discovering a cure for cancer is.

That is genuinely the sort of thinking that leads people to be radicalised. If you truly believe there is some conspiracy on that level, without any evidence to back it up, then you're a good candidate for indoctrination. If you can believe that then you can be driven to be believe that you need to do something drastic to uncover/foil the conspiracy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

people are calling this bonkers

it's not bonkers, it's **** offensive

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Withnail said:

Yeah I find it a tad offensive.  My wife is down the corridor in bed.  Metastatic cancer.  Maybe one month or so left.  She is a scientist (geneticist) with over 100 peer reviewed papers.  The amount of research being done is astounding.  To think some people believe in some grand conspiracy actually fills me, well, with a bit of rage. 

I'm so sorry mate.  That is awful to hear. I hope she is comfortable at the least.

I have cancer on both sides of my family and my father died from it a few years ago. He was 1st diagnosed with cancer when I was 17. So since I was a teenager I've known that I could be pre-disposed to developing cancer (my dad was in his 40's.)

I've spent a lot of time reading and researching about what I could do with my lifestyle to help prevent getting cancer, including what I could avoid which may possibly trigger cancer. 

"The China Study" is the largest dietary study ever undertaken in human history and it's conclusions link animal protein in the diet to higher rates of cancer and heart disease in general populations. In fact, when a more "Western diet" i.e. meat, dairy, high fat are introduced to developing countries the rates of heart disease and cancer increase in direct correlation. The study was undertaken by T. Colin Campbell professor at Cornell University and is well worth reading.

Here in the US we sold a huge amount of processed food that is in large part nutritionally worthless and arguably toxic. The meat and dairy lobby have a huge influence over Congress and are able to advertise and make public claims about their products which are at best debatable and at worst deliberately misleading.

The government body which is supposed to regulate what Americans eat is the "Food & Drug Administration." That's right, the agency that oversees the food we eat, also oversees what drugs we take to help with sickness.  I've always found that to be a great irony. Of course, like with many other areas of government, there is a revolving door between the FDA and big food, big pharma companies. I certainly do not believe that there is a worldwide conspiracy to keep the cure for cancer secret. There isn't a room of 7 shadowy men who run the world for their own profit keeping the general population sick for their own financial gain. I do not agree with Dem's conspiracy theories. However, it is easy to see why a lot of people have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Withnail said:

Yeah I find it a tad offensive.  My wife is down the corridor in bed.  Metastatic cancer.  Maybe one month or so left.  She is a scientist (geneticist) with over 100 peer reviewed papers.  The amount of research being done is astounding.  To think some people believe in some grand conspiracy actually fills me, well, with a bit of rage. 

Sorry to hear that mate but please dont link me to to that 

Anyways I will drop this subject out of respect for you and what your going through as I am sure you dont need to be reading this despite our conflicting views. 

Edited by Demitri_C

Breaking news that Lindsey Buckingham has been "fired" by Fleetwood Mac.

Not a great move by the band, Buckingham is the real talent. Hopefully this means a new solo album and a UK TOUR (I had tickets to his klast one but he cancelled and never rescheduled)

And replaced him with Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

Not sure what my old man will make of that, he likes both the Mac and Crowded house. I guess it’s not the first time they’ve been without Buckingham.

I don’t mind them. I know the hits, as everyone does. There’s been a couple of decent documentaries about them, there was a pretty good one about Peter Green a while back.

Don’t know why, but I always find Christine McVie to be the most interesting one. 

• Like 1

Â