General Chat

Stevo985

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Jamie Oliver's food and his businesses are shite. I respect him for the school dinner campaign though, the shit that was being fed to kids was disgusting. I'm not sure if the actions that were taken are still in place these days?

The suger tax pisses me off, though, or, rather, the industry's response to it.

We already have diet variants. We don't need two of them. Keep the full sugar version, and just raise the **** price. If people don't want to pay for it, they can get the slightly cheaper diet one.

I very rarely drink fizzy drinks, maybe once a month so I'm not exactly their target demographic, but it pisses me off that most of them are going to taste like shit because some people have poor self-control, and companies would rather ruin their product than bump the price up by a few pence.

All part of the ploy for people to drink diet drinks and get health problems as alpt of the crap in it is linked with various illnesses like dementia 

Agree about your other point how we like shit chains over here. All the food at those chains are mostly poor. I don't go to any of those thankfully.

Although tgis here is pants the one in cyprus is awesome. Food so much better and a larger menu. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

All part of the ploy for people to drink diet drinks and get health problems as alpt of the crap in it is linked with various illnesses like dementia 

There's pretty much no evidence for such a link.

There's a a debunking of the single (!) study that suggested such a link here, if you trust the NHS to not be involved in a national conspiracy to give people dementia?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/lifestyle-and-exercise/reported-link-between-diet-drinks-and-dementia-and-stroke-is-weak/

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Only if you believe in woo.

There is a shit load of high quality scientific evidence of the harm sugar does. We've been conducting a nationwide test of this over the last 50-60 years.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We love a shit chain restaurant in this country.

Doesn't seem to happen much on the continent, as far as I can tell, but here you'll see TGI, Frankie and Benny's, Bella Italia, Wagamama, all packed in the evenings, all serving bland, shit, pre-prepared food, heated up by teenagers who have no place in a kitchen.  

I can't understand why people pay close to decent restaurant prices to be served reheated shit.

Its really noticable imo 

You go on the continent and theres seemingly stacks of independent local restaurants (and shops half the time) we dont do it, id guess 90% if not more by the time you throw in pub food is by chains and then the majority of the 10% will be indian or chinese for chains arent successful 

If you can do 2 meals buy one get one free for £10 you seriously have to stop and question the quality of what youre going to eat

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's pretty much no evidence for such a link.

There's a a debunking of the single (!) study that suggested such a link here, if you trust the NHS to not be involved in a national conspiracy to give people dementia?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/lifestyle-and-exercise/reported-link-between-diet-drinks-and-dementia-and-stroke-is-weak/

Is weak but haven't denied it. Also lets be real here the amount of money generated in coke you think they will let this secret come out? I dont believe it. I think aspartame is very bad for you.

34 minutes ago, limpid said:

Only if you believe in woo.

There is a shit load of high quality scientific evidence of the harm sugar does. We've been conducting a nationwide test of this over the last 50-60 years.

Not denying that we know sugar is bad but if you have that in smaller moderation you can live a better lifestyle that these lethal sweeteners they use.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not denying that we know sugar is bad but if you have that in smaller moderation you can live a better lifestyle that these lethal sweeteners they use.

They are no more lethal than sugar. We've been drinking diet drinks for decades. Just like with mobile phones - if there was EVIDENCE of harm, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its really noticable imo 

You go on the continent and theres seemingly stacks of independent local restaurants (and shops half the time) we dont do it, id guess 90% if not more by the time you throw in pub food is by chains and then the majority of the 10% will be indian or chinese for chains arent successful 

If you can do 2 meals buy one get one free for £10 you seriously have to stop and question the quality of what youre going to eat

That is why every high street in the UK looks the same - this country loves a well known chain, be it for chicken or coffee or sausage rolls. Huge lack of imagination. 

1 minute ago, limpid said:

They are no more lethal than sugar. We've been drinking diet drinks for decades. Just like with mobile phones - if there was EVIDENCE of harm, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You think mobile phones are not dangerous? They are very dangerous. Sleep with a mobile phone under your pillow and see if you don't develop brain cancer later on in life. Too much money involved for them not to tell us the truth limpid. 

In my opinion I feel aspartame is dangerous and same reason. The experts have their own agendas sadly. Like a lot of these drugs they prescribe they make money off that. It's sucks but that's the way it is =(

On 4/6/2018 at 20:08, bickster said:

Oh hell,the Manic Street Preachers new song about the 96 victims of Hillsborough... it's absolutely woeful, it takes their VIth Form lyricism to new lows

Its possibly the worst thing I've heard all year

If you want to hear what I'm on about its here, though I wouldn't recommend it. I stopped after 1:16

Dreadful, so bad its has actually pissed me off

Christ almighty, that is actually the worst record I've ever heard.  They've always been dreadful, but what on earth were they thinking with that?  Bloody hell, astonishingly bad.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You think mobile phones are not dangerous? They are very dangerous. Sleep with a mobile phone under your pillow and see if you don't develop brain cancer later on in life. Too much money involved for them not to tell us the truth limpid. 

In my opinion I feel aspartame is dangerous and same reason. The experts have their own agendas sadly. Like a lot of these drugs they prescribe they make money off that. It's sucks but that's the way it is =(

Is your fridge door padlocked, Dem?

• Haha 1

Given the ubiquity of mobile phones and diet drinks, if they are harmful, the evidence would be astounding, and given the size of the business, the lawsuits would have lawyers globally salivating.

And yet it isn't.

The shit people believe is unreal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Is your fridge door padlocked, Dem?

Fridges, he hasn’t got one of those, cold stuff can give you permafrostitis and knocks actual seconds off your lifespan.

As for them spellcheckers, the things he's heard about them...:mrgreen:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Go on then. One EVIDENCED example of this happening? ie. A causal link between someone having a mobile under their pillow and brain cancer, People have had mobiles since the 80s, if there is a significant causal link it would be obvious by now.

There would be a Nobel prize and significant recognition for an individual or organisation which took down the cartel you allege exists.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't care about your opinions on this. They are by definition irrelevant compared to the experts you so casually dismiss.

I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theory believer. But we're on the wrong thread for talking about how dumb these theories are.

41 minutes ago, limpid said:

Go on then. One EVIDENCED example of this happening? ie. A causal link between someone having a mobile under their pillow and brain cancer, People have had mobiles since the 80s, if there is a significant causal link it would be obvious by now.

There would be a Nobel prize and significant recognition for an individual or organisation which took down the cartel you allege exists.

I don't care about your opinions on this. They are by definition irrelevant compared to the experts you so casually dismiss.

I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theory believer. But we're on the wrong thread for talking about how dumb these theories are.

Right... Let's leave this here then. Can't be asked for a argument

54 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Given the ubiquity of mobile phones and diet drinks, if they are harmful, the evidence would be astounding, and given the size of the business, the lawsuits would have lawyers globally salivating.

And yet it isn't.

The shit people believe is unreal.

You continue not to believe and I will its not like our governments have never lied or covered anything up before.

Not a problem. 

Edited by Demitri_C

It's one of those quotes attributed to about 50 different people, but it's got some truth to it. "You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into."

One can't expect to be taken seriously on any topic if evidence and logic is dismissed as if it were opinion.

• Like 3

Â