General Chat

Stevo985

49 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And replaced him with Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

Not sure what my old man will make of that, he likes both the Mac and Crowded house. I guess it’s not the first time they’ve been without Buckingham.

I don’t mind them. I know the hits, as everyone does. There’s been a couple of decent documentaries about them, there was a pretty good one about Peter Green a while back.

Don’t know why, but I always find Christine McVie to be the most interesting one. 

Peter Green was the most interesting one. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac but wouldn’t even think of it without Buckingham and Nicks being there

Id love to see them too but im sure the last uk tour was around £100 all seated, that to me is a complete no goer

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Oh yeah I meant out of the Mk II line up.

Arguably Mk III (or more). Nobody remembers the version that came  AFTER the departure of Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan, and BEFORE the arrival of Buckingham and Nicks: Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Bob Welch, Bob Weston, Dave Walker. I saw them live, and they were bloody good. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Arguably Mk III (or more). Nobody remembers the version that came  AFTER the departure of Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan, and BEFORE the arrival of Buckingham and Nicks: Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Bob Welch, Bob Weston, Dave Walker. I saw them live, and they were bloody good. 

Yeah as soon as I said “Mk II” I knew someone would pick me up on it :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And replaced him with Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

Not sure what my old man will make of that, he likes both the Mac and Crowded house. I guess it’s not the first time they’ve been without Buckingham.

I don’t mind them. I know the hits, as everyone does. There’s been a couple of decent documentaries about them, there was a pretty good one about Peter Green a while back.

Don’t know why, but I always find Christine McVie to be the most interesting one. 

The last time Lindsey left he was replaced by two guitarists as well, Billy Burnette and Rick Vito.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The last time Lindsey left he was replaced by two guitarists as well, Billy Burnette and Rick Vito.

I'm guessing Finn's there mainly for the singing, and Campbell for the lead guitar. 

I always find it interesting when well known musicians join an established band for a tour or an album.

Midge Ure comes across as a very likeable chap in this clip as he cheerfully describes himself as the worst guitarist Thin Lizzy ever had.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

The money supermarket tv advert....the animated one with all the action man figures.....well, it seems a bit ghey to me....is that the point or am I reading too much into it ? It's like a village people tribute act :wacko:

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Do NOT click the spoiler box below and certainly do not read the short excerpt contained therein.  It's likely to unleash an almighty fury from which you may never recover.

This particularly applies to @bickster

Reveal hidden contents

Shit finds its own level :trollface:

• Haha 2

If people are concerned about our criminal justice system being stretched to buggery, we might take notice that the following is happening:

Four men summonsed to court over calling England head coach Eddie Jones a ‘baldy c***’

Four men have been summonsed to appear in court after being reported for an alleged public order offence after England head coach Eddie Jones was verbally abused on his way back from Scotland during the Six Nations in February.

Jones travelled alone on two train journeys – one from Edinburgh to Manchester to join Sir Alex Ferguson at a Manchester United match and another from Manchester back to London – on 25 February, the day after England’s 25-13 Calcutta Cup defeat by Scotland, in which he claimed to have been both verbally and physically abused by Scotland supporters.

A video emerged on social media of the 58-year-old Australian outside Manchester Oxford Road station where he was asked by a group of four men for a photograph. Two of the men in question were seen with alcoholic drinks in their hand, and started to taunt Jones about the defeat the day before.

As Jones got into a waiting car, one of the men was heard to shout "what about last night you baldy c***" at him, before re-opening the door to continue the abuse.

On Tuesday, British Transport Police said that the four men, three of which are from Edinburgh aged 22, 23 and 25, and a 25-year-old from South Queensferry near Edinburgh, have been summonsed to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on 16 May.

What an utter crock of shit. Stupid waste of time and money.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

If people are concerned about our criminal justice system being stretched to buggery, we might take notice that the following is happening:

Four men summonsed to court over calling England head coach Eddie Jones a ‘baldy c***’

Take it your not bald snowy? :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snowychap said:

Interesting you say that, I had a similar thought today regarding police resources. 

I have just driven to Swindon and back. I've seen a total of 8 police cars, sat at roadside/in lay-bys/on bridges, waiting for speeding drivers.

Of course this is all down to the preservation of public safety and not in any way pushing resources towards revenue generation, or for an 'easy nick' on the figures. Only a cynic would think something like that. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yeah, that's what the 4 blokes were basically saying, too :P. We should never have lost the Rugbying matches to that other lot, so be careful or you'll be biting a pillow in E-Wing before you can say "sack the word removed" if you carry on like that!

• Like 1

Â