General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You continue not to believe and I will its not like our governments have never lied or covered anything up before.

Not a problem. 

It's not like our governments can keep secrets over any period of time either. But why bring them into it? We are talking about experts and the scientific method here - not governments.

Even if you assume for a second that all the mobile phone and pop manufacturers are buying off scientists and for some reason the government's of the world are turning a blind eye... Why would they want to kill their customers? They want you alive to keep buying Coke and iPhones.

It's like that Bill Hicks skit about Judas Priest filling their songs with subliminal messages telling listeners to kill themselves. 'You know what guys, I've had enough of the money and the drugs and the sex and the going round the world... Let's kill the audience'.

Nuts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We have an elderly relative with us today, it's our Sunday to entertain them as they do the rota around the family.

It's become clear lately that 'the war' is increasingly the topic of conversation. Any conversation about anything can deftly be brought around 'uncle albert stylee' to being about the war.

So we had a little family sweepstake on how long it would take for 'the war' to get referenced. We all failed miserably as nobody had predicted what happened.

I rolled up in the car outside 'uncle albert's' house. Getting in to the car,  'I have worn my raincoat as it might rain later, it was very difficult to find umbrellas during the war'.

Arse hadn't hit the car seat, war had been mentioned. Absolute smasher of a new record. Not sure how that can be beat.

Just to point out, said relative was 12 when the war finished, so saw relatively little active service. 

Reminds me a bit of a chap at work. Different subject but same game.

He's a young guy, 25 I think. he thinks he's a baller and a hardman. In reality he's neither, he's a spoilt mommy's boy.

His dad has a porsche and he loves to talk about it. All the time.

I recently had to visit a supplier with him, so we got a nice pool car to make the journey.

Just before I left, a guy who works for me said "I wonder how long it will take for him to mention his dad's porsche!"

So anyway, I go into the car park. he's in the pool car already in the driver's seat. Audi A7, so it was quite nice.
I go over open the door and stick my head in to say hi. I'm greeted with him saying 

"This car is almost as nice as my dad's porsche!!"

He didn't understand why I found that so funny.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Even if you assume for a second that all the mobile phone and pop manufacturers are buying off scientists and for some reason the government's of the world are turning a blind eye... Why would they want to kill their customers? They want you alive to keep buying Coke and iPhones.

It's like that Bill Hicks skit about Judas Priest filling their songs with subliminal messages telling listeners to kill themselves. 'You know what guys, I've had enough of the money and the drugs and the sex and the going round the world... Let's kill the audience'.

Nuts.

It's too big now Chindie the mobile phone industry. Think about what your mobile can do now, email social media go on internet etc. It's crazy when you think how far we came since the Nokia 3210. Too much money involved.  

They will never tell us diet drinks are cancerous just like having a mobile phone. I gurantee you, you sleep with a mobile under your pillow you will start getting bad headaches and migraines which could then develop into a tumour. I'm not doctor but I know a lot of neurologists who have told me there is a link to that.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

It's not like our governments can keep secrets over any period of time either. But why bring them into it? We are talking about experts and the scientific method here - not 

because it would be the government who make the decision to ban it if there was something wrong with it.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

because it would be the government who make the decision to ban it if there was something wrong with it.

And you don't think there are loads of researchers who would absolutely love the opportunity to embarrass the government? Studies come out all of the time that prove our government wrong. Politicians don't care; they have no shame, they simply ignore it.

Yet there's not a single study that suggests a link with phones and brain tumours. 

Furthermore, there isn't a 'the government'. There's bloody hundreds of them. they're not all in on some conspiracy to give their citizens brain tumours and dementia. You're losing the plot.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Jenny Jones is in the Celebrity Chase.  Bradley asked what she'd been doing since the Olympics and she didn't mention Villatalk, so I think that's the mystery solved.

Did she mention how much she likes Lego?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did she mention how much she likes Lego?

She didn't but she did turn up to the show in a Mustang. 

• Haha 1

She/he won the jackpot with Sally Phillips but was giving it to some snowboarding charity rather than buying a shitload of Lego bricks.  I think that seals it.  Or does it?  I'm confusing myself now.

Edited by sharkyvilla

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And you don't think there are loads of researchers who would absolutely love the opportunity to embarrass the government? Studies come out all of the time that prove our government wrong. Politicians don't care; they have no shame, they simply ignore it.

Yet there's not a single study that suggests a link with phones and brain tumours. 

Furthermore, there isn't a 'the government'. There's bloody hundreds of them. they're not all in on some conspiracy to give their citizens brain tumours and dementia. You're losing the plot.

Villa talkers in general dont believe in much it seems :)

It's like cancer you think there is no cure for it? Of course there is. If you came up with the cure for it and tried to make it public you would be killed before you even get the chance.

But you guys are free to believe that diet coke and phones are safe I will continue as I am. Touch wood done me well so far !

There isn't a cure for cancer.

If there was, the team that discovered it, would be very very very rich very very very fast.

Setting aside that 'cancer' isn't a unified disease.

...I can't believe I written that.

Nuts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

There isn't a cure for cancer.

If there was, the team that discovered it, would be very very very rich very very very fast.

Setting aside that 'cancer' isn't a unified disease.

...I can't believe I written that.

Nuts.

They would be dead before they would be rich Chindie.  They make so much money on these medications and treatments mate.

Alot of consultants have shares in these pharmaceutical companies. Cancer makes certain powerful people rich. 

Â