General Chat

Stevo985

I've probably posted this before, but it's topical again, so... 

Some years ago, a mate of mine came in from the pub to find a burglar in his house. Said burglar decided to have a go. Big mistake, as my mate was a karate black belt, and routinely disabled him until the police arrived. By breaking both his legs. 

He was later informed that said burglar was going to take him to court for unreasonable force. 

But a few days later, a copper called round and told him that they'd "had a quiet word" with the bloke, and - surprise, surprise - he'd been 'persuaded' to drop the case. B)

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What's happened to @Rugeley Villa ? He hasn't been on for over 2 weeks.

I remember I was encouraging him to stop eating meat. I that hasn't done him in! :D

In A&E waiting to have a Henry surgically removed would be my best guess 

On 05/04/2018 at 11:20, Davkaus said:

He had to be arrested. Someone has died. The police have a duty to investigate how that happened, and whether a crime has been committed. Thankfully, we don't live in a country where the police just take a suspect's words at face value.

They'll investigate, and if there's nothing to point to him using disproportionate force, there's close to 0% chance that he's going to be charged with anything. Unless he was pretty much chasing them out of the house and stabbing them in the back while they fled, he's going to be fine.

And just as you suggested:

I bet The Sun still claim that their 'campaign' was wot done it.

• Like 1

On the subject of the police, are there any intelligence tests they have to pass, as most of the ones I'm coming across are dangerously thick

I received a DPA form this week asking me to tell the police the pickup point for a journey that started at *insert address here*. I had to try VERY hard not to be sarcastic

I then received another from another copper only half an hour later, in which I as much as good gave them a BIG HINT that they shouldn't bother going to get a court order for the rest of the data because the second part of the crime that was committed couldn't have been committed by the people in the taxi because it was impossible to drive from the journeys recorded end (which happened to be the same address as the start) to the shop where they used a stolen credit card, in five minutes at 18:30 at night using the main ring road in Liverpool, its pretty impossible in the middle of the night too but hey ho... off they went to get the production notice anyway. Eventually they'll work out they got it wrong when watching the CCTV from the drive-thru (where the CC was used the first time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

On the subject of the police, are there any intelligence tests they have to pass, as most of the ones I'm coming across are dangerously thick

I received a DPA form this week asking me to tell the police the pickup point for a journey that started at *insert address here*. I had to try VERY hard not to be sarcastic

I then received another from another copper only half an hour later, in which I as much as good gave them a BIG HINT that they shouldn't bother going to get a court order for the rest of the data because the second part of the crime that was committed couldn't have been committed by the people in the taxi because it was impossible to drive from the journeys recorded end (which happened to be the same address as the start) to the shop where they used a stolen credit card, in five minutes at 18:30 at night using the main ring road in Liverpool, its pretty impossible in the middle of the night too but hey ho... off they went to get the production notice anyway. Eventually they'll work out they got it wrong when watching the CCTV from the drive-thru (where the CC was used the first time. 

Bicks , what firm do you work for in Liverpool? 

Oh hell,the Manic Street Preachers new song about the 96 victims of Hillsborough... it's absolutely woeful, it takes their VIth Form lyricism to new lows

Its possibly the worst thing I've heard all year

If you want to hear what I'm on about its here, though I wouldn't recommend it. I stopped after 1:16

Dreadful, so bad its has actually pissed me off

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh hell,the Manic Street Preachers new song about the 96 victims of Hillsborough... it's absolutely woeful, it takes their VIth Form lyricism to new lows

Its possibly the worst thing I've heard all year

If you want to hear what I'm on about its here, though I wouldn't recommend it. I stopped after 1:16

Dreadful, so bad its has actually pissed me off

I made it to 12 secs ,  I’d rather listen to Queen that’s how bad it was 

• Like 1

Â