General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, Xann said:

They usually close the street and have a stage and bands. To be fair to 'Sounds Of The Universe', despite being mental, is quite well organised and the queue moves.

Will be heading for Soul Brother for the single title I'm chasing.

Had the nearest thing to an argument with my missus, without actually arguing, regarding my Soul Brother carrier bag.

I was home on shopping day and realised she was using it for general shopping purposes! So I remarked, 'oh, I see you use the blue bag?'

'yes', she said.

I think my subsequent silent rage got the message across.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xann said:

Panic not. I'll send you a new one if she's busted it? :)

As it happens, I drove by the end of the street for Soul Brother yesterday! 

But I wasn't in the mood so I didn't stop. Same with the other bunch, I could've got off the tube at Oxford Street but decided I wasn't quite in the right frame of mind. I only did a shopping spree a couple of weeks ago so it wouldn't have had any novelty value.

35035937223_73ba33e94d_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I only did a shopping spree a couple of weeks ago so it wouldn't have had any novelty value.

Broadway Records on Dawes Rd in Fulham is worth a visit now and then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

There's someone about 4 desks down from me, and he's been reading out jokes from his phone for about 15 minutes, despite his colleagues laughingly saying "ha, that's enough now". 

Bad ones, and what makes it worse is that he's just reading them.  He's not delivering them like a joke, he's doing that upwards inflection when he's asking the question leading to the punchline. 

I bet his parents are so sad their son is a word removed. :( 

Are they on the scale of...

What kind of paper like music?

Wrapping paper :blush:

• Sad 1

There's a bloke at my work, I dunno who it is, but he's bizarre to look at, so I stare at him whenever he comes into view.

But, he's relatively thin, quite an average body.  Normal face.  But he's got the neck and jowl of the woman from Monsters Inc ("always watching").  He has this way of walking which sticks his head quite a way forwards - as if to hide the fact that if he let his head settle into a more natural position,  he'd look like there's a life ring stuck around his neck. 

I love him.  Wish he came down my way more often so I could look more.  Maybe I should just ask him to have a really good look, get it out of my system. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

There's a bloke at my work, I dunno who it is, but he's bizarre to look at, so I stare at him whenever he comes into view.

But, he's relatively thin, quite an average body.  Normal face.  But he's got the neck and jowl of the woman from Monsters Inc ("always watching").  He has this way of walking which sticks his head quite a way forwards - as if to hide the fact that if he let his head settle into a more natural position,  he'd look like there's a life ring stuck around his neck. 

I love him.  Wish he came down my way more often so I could look more.  Maybe I should just ask him to have a really good look, get it out of my system. 

I have a weird looking guy at work too.

This one is like a **** giraffe. He has a massively long neck. Like one of them tribal women with the rings round their neck.

Anyway, I don't love him. He's a miserable word removed. I think he hates his life, and has nothing left that gives him any joy.

Someone asked me to guess how old he was and I went for 49.

He's 33.

46 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

You'll need to find a hi-res version of the image, which I suspect will not be easy... lo-res like the above will be a very poor quality print.

I can send the downloaded pic to Vistaprint and they can poster it...but it will be pretty rough. But the photo is gold, gold Jerry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

How can I get this printed on poster quality paper at poster size?

4a03b631.jpg.757x975_q85.jpg

Surely someone has already made that into a poster that you could just buy?

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Someone asked me to guess how old he was and I went for 49.

He's 33.

just reminded me ... was  visiting some Roman ruins in Malta with a mate of mine

He  was 52 at the time and the young kid behind the counter sold him an OAP ticket  .... tbf we'd had a heavy session the night before , but even so  ... 

I'm still getting mileage out of it , I put a cut out picture of Albert Steptoe over his passport photo once  , alas he spotted it just before he handed it over

guess you had to be there :blush:

Â