General Chat

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think I’ve ever inadvertently seen as much ice curling as I have done in recent weeks.

I consider myself an expert in Curling and women's Ice Hockey based on the knowledge I have a quired in the last 2 weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I consider myself an expert in Curling and women's Ice Hockey based on the knowledge I have a quired in the last 2 weeks. 

Took me 4 minutes yesterday to start explaining the intricacies of tactics in the mass start 16 lap running around an ice rink.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Genie said:

I remember having mine done. 2 nurses chatting shit to take my mind of what the surgeon was doing “downstairs”.

Surgeon doing mine decided to tell me what a great job Doug Ellis was doing at B6. 

By the time I'd put him straight the procedure was over. 

Yes, it's been a while. 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Surgeon doing mine decided to tell me what a great job Doug Ellis was doing at B6. 

By the time I'd put him straight the procedure was over. 

Yes, it's been a while. 

I can’t remember what they we talking about but I remember they were sisters. I was thinking that I bet at the end of the shift they had a good chat about all the cocks they’d seen that day.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know what you’re thinking, why cant I buy Greggs branded clothing?

Worry no more, not only can you buy Greggs branded clothing, it is being sold by ethical quality retailer Primark

We got a similar thing in Sweden where a store that sells auto parts, gardening stuff and so on has started selling merch with hot dogs on. They are famous for their cheap Biltema körv or "Biltema sausage" 

T-shirt - Biltema.seJag älskar biltemakörv" starter pack : r/swedenactive imageAnkelstrumpor, 3-pack - Biltema.seTrosor "Biltemakörv", 3 st. - Biltema.seUnderställ "Biltemakörv" - Biltema.se

• Like 2

I want to be the guy who proposes to merge the Greggs and Tim Hortons menu options, so that Canadians can get decent savoury pasties and British people can get better doughnuts. Dunno who to write to about this, but I feel it's a game-changer.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I want to be the guy who proposes to merge the Greggs and Tim Hortons menu options, so that Canadians can get decent savoury pasties and British people can get better doughnuts. Dunno who to write to about this, but I feel it's a game-changer.

But Greggs isn't decent. It's cheap, mass produced and not actually that tasty. Spend a little bit more and get something proper from a farm store or decent cafe. 

Admittedly, the sausage, beans and cheese is good but not as good as if you make it at home. 

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

And yet people said nothing when they took away Ginsters microwaves from the local corner shops. 

First they came for the Ginsters, and I did not speak out - because I am a vegetarian.

Then they came for the Gregg’s…

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

But Greggs isn't decent. It's cheap, mass produced and not actually that tasty.

Ignoring the savory side of things, I think Greggs fresh sandwich / roll  selection punches well above it's pricepoint. All made fresh, instore on the day

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ignoring the savory side of things, I think Greggs fresh sandwich / roll  selection punches well above it's pricepoint. All made fresh, instore on the day

I think the price point bit is key. For what it costs their food is good, it's not great, but it could be a lot worse. But on the rare occasions when I want something like that I'd choose something more premium. 

28 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

But Greggs isn't decent. It's cheap, mass produced and not actually that tasty. Spend a little bit more and get something proper from a farm store or decent cafe. 

Admittedly, the sausage, beans and cheese is good but not as good as if you make it at home. 

Eh?

Steak bake - banging

Sausage Rolls - banging

Chicken bake - banging

Triple chocolate doughnut - mega banging

Greggs breakfast is pretty good too and decent price.

• Like 2

Â