General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just popped in to the other room with a cake for my missus, gave her a little hug, reminded her I love her. I listened attentively for 5 minutes to stories of her day.

Ambushed with cake is becoming a thing now

• Like 1

Just now, Meath_Villan said:

There used to be a funny thing on here years ago about someone taking all the cakes in the discount section of a supermarket 🧐🧐🧐

@tonyh29 is your man for that - the phantom flan thief!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

There used to be a funny thing on here years ago about someone taking all the cakes in the discount section of a supermarket 🧐🧐🧐

1 hour ago, Xela said:

@tonyh29 is your man for that - the phantom flan thief!

Thief is a bit harsh :)

I took them from some woman’s trolly after she cleared out the entire reduced price section and put them back on the shelf so others could fairly share the price reduction .

Martin Lewis got a TV show for less noble things 

• Like 2

I've started playing astro turf. I keep falling over because I'm so unfit but I'm really enjoying it. It's annoying because i think the rest of the lads think i might be lazy or never played football before,  but actually I'm just the unfittest man in the world. I didnt even know that being unfit made you fall over. I just try any running with the ball and i just trip over my own feet because they get tired.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

The last remaining Wimpy in the world! (Hereford is around 30yrs behind the rest of Britain!)

Loved Wimpy as a kid (no other takeaways in North Devon growing up - was a teenager first time I had McD's/KFC etc). Then about 10 years ago I had my first in 15 years or so and wished I hadn't. Memories ruined. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Loved Wimpy as a kid (no other takeaways in North Devon growing up - was a teenager first time I had McD's/KFC etc). Then about 10 years ago I had my first in 15 years or so and wished I hadn't. Memories ruined. 

I’m seem to recall Barnstaple still had a Wimpy around 2010 😮😮😮

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Closest one is 45 miles away in Shrewsbury :D

Strangely tempted to head either there or Stafford for one now. I know it'll be awful though. Bit like going back to a Little Chef, leave it in the past. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Strangely tempted to head either there or Stafford for one now. I know it'll be awful though. Bit like going back to a Little Chef, leave it in the past. 

Even as a kid I thought the Little Chef was shite, I remember when Strensham Services became one, I was most disappointed at about the age of 8. My Mum loved them.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I bet it’s for one of their benders 😮😉

Spoiler

What a name to give their sausage in a bap burger! 😂

Â