The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Also saw the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent this morning. 11am showing at the cinema next door to me. I grinned an awful lot. Now to watch Paddington 2.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 21:48, villa4europe said:

2 people in the last 2 days have said to me that they're rewatching the sopranos and how much they love it

"what did you think of the film?" 

"what film?" 

Not sure how well advertised it was or where its now available 

I've actually just finished off a re-watch of The Sopranos myself. Cracking show from start to finish, no dips in quality and I didn't think it has aged at all. The prequel film Saints of Newark? Its ok I suppose, nothing fantastic though, a solid 7/10.

Now moved onto a re-watch of Boardwalk Empire, I'd forgotten how good this show was.

7 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I've actually just finished off a re-watch of The Sopranos myself. Cracking show from start to finish, no dips in quality and I didn't think it has aged at all. The prequel film Saints of Newark? Its ok I suppose, nothing fantastic though, a solid 7/10.

Now moved onto a re-watch of Boardwalk Empire, I'd forgotten how good this show was.

The Sopranos for me is the best TV show ever made. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 11:36, sne said:

The Uncharted movie was OK-ish I guess. Hard to totally fail with a high budget treasure hunt blockbuster.

The casting is terrible, the actions scenes are way over the top silly, the story in the story makes no sense and it all feels like a wasted opportunity.

Still it's an OK Sunday movie. But pretty much every other movie in the same category like National Treasure, Lara Croft, Tintin and so on is better. And that's not counting the classics.

The Tintin movie was excellent and I wish they were doing more. Feels harsh to lump it with National Treasure and Lara Croft cinematic outings to me 😄

• Like 2

On 29/04/2022 at 21:07, leemond2008 said:

just had to revisit this comment to say that the drinker agrees with me

I used to think the same until I saw her when she was drinking and taking drugs in that chess thing and she looked quite tidy

Choose Or Die (Netflix) was a good idea but pretty poorly executed. 

Shame really as it could’ve been quite good in a similar way to the original Saw. 

(I’m sure the production studio would have wanted the same success which spawned multiple sequels - not going to happen now!) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Shame really as it could’ve been quite good in a similar way to the original Saw. 

(I’m sure the production studio would have wanted the same success which spawned multiple sequels - not going to happen now!) 

i thought the same. seemed to make it up as it goes along

Spoiler

"we'll say people are controlled by a load of weird symbols and won't even bother making up a story as to their origins"

"so we need a final boss battle that we'll do vs the original guy...but wont his family be there to help him? oh we'll make it so that he's become a bully for zero reason whatsoever so the family ends up helping the girl"

• Like 1

Hunt For Red October, one of my favourite films is on Netflix. I couldn't pass this up so watching tonight. So many great actors on top of their game and one of the best directors on top of his 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I started this on Saturday night but thought it was really quite shit.

However I was pretty tipsy after the Villa game so I put it down to that.

Might not bother going back to it now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Hunt For Red October, one of my favourite films is on Netflix. I couldn't pass this up so watching tonight. So many great actors on top of their game and one of the best directors on top of his 

I watched it the other day for what was amazingly the first time.

But liked it very much indeed. I did find it slightly hard to follow in the middle of the movie but just about hung on

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched it the other day for what was amazingly the first time.

But liked it very much indeed. I did find it slightly hard to follow in the middle of the movie but just about hung on

Which bit had you struggling to follow out of interest?

52 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Which bit had you struggling to follow out of interest?

Probably the 6 pints I’d had at the football to be honest

• Like 1

Â