The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

b4e91f11267d63aac5e1f448ce6805791b472395

Coincoin et les Z'inhumains - Liked it, good follow up to P'tit Quinquin, this time more of a straight ahead comedy and with sci fi elements such as aliens, zombies, and so on which weren't there in the original so have kind of come from nowhere but somehow don't feel out of place. I really liked 'France' from Bruno Dumont as well, and see he's got another one coming out called L'Empire with Virginie Efira and Adèle Haenel amongst others, including the two detectives from Quinquin/Coincoin who were both very good.

Edited by useless

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Deep Water on Prime is a good watch for Ana de Armas fans.  Ben Affleck isn't the only tit on display, if you catch my drift.

I hear its a bit of a throw back to the sex thrillers of the 80s, fatal attraction, jagged edge etc

Also watched "Her". Been on my list for ages but the talk in this thread prompted me to watch it. Again a wonderful film. Eerily relevant despite being 10 years old. Incredible performance from Phoenix

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

One of those films where it feels like nothing is happening, but actually loads is.

I've read the short story it's based on which is very much exactly this - I'm not sure how much of the original story remains as it wasn't long enough for a full film, but everything I see suggests that this is really good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've read the short story it's based on which is very much exactly this - I'm not sure how much of the original story remains as it wasn't long enough for a full film, but everything I see suggests that this is really good. 

It’s great. I’d liken it to Roma, not in theme or anything, but just in that it just chugs along with nothing major happening but it all just builds beautifully. 
Really really nice film

• Like 1

5020.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

The Hidden Voice - Wasn't sure at first but got better as it went along and Tilda Swinton did a good job, I really liked the ending a lot, although I did wonder if it would have been even better if it was set in the time of Jean Cocteau's original 1930 play when I presume having a telephone at home was a relatively new thing.

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Popped to the cinema to see this earlier:

spacer.png

I thought it was great.

Ti West just gets horror.

Nice! That one is on my list along with Fresh. As is these ones

The Black Phone - WikipediaThe Cursed (2021) - IMDbThe Innocents (2021) - IMDb

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

5020.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

The Hidden Voice - Wasn't sure at first but got better as it went along and Tilda Swinton did a good job, I really liked the ending a lot, although I did wonder if it would have been even better if it was set in the time of Jean Cocteau's original 1930 play when I presume having a telephone at home was a relatively new thing.

Stealth bewbs.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 22:59, Designer1 said:

Popped to the cinema to see this earlier:

spacer.png

I thought it was great.

Ti West just gets horror.

Oh nice! I really rate Ti West and didn't know he has a new film. He has a few unknown gems for sure. House of the Devil and The Innkeepers were great. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Oh nice! I really rate Ti West and didn't know he has a new film. He has a few unknown gems for sure. House of the Devil and The Innkeepers were great. 

I remember that, sort of a modern day take on Rosemary’s Baby. Forgot all about it, Will give it another watch 👍

• Like 1

ArtistsModels1.jpg

Artists and Models - This was really colorful I enjoyed it, between the bright colors, Jerry Lewis' zany performance, the general feel of the whole thing, and the fact the storyline features comics heavily and you can see them or related posters in the background of a lot of scenes, gives the movie a sort of quality. Shirley MacLaine sparkled once again.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Â