The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

image-w1280.jpg?size=800x

That Darn Cat ! (1965) - Really enjoyed it, good story-line and great performances from all the cast.

Eyes_Essay_2_Current_medium.jpg

Eyes Without a Face - Interesting film, has a sort of gothic Fairy Tale set in modern times charm to it.

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't even need to look to the left, I know it's Useless who has posted just by the obscurity of the films :D

Tbh, Eyes without a Face isn't obscure. It's an incredibly influential movie (very good too).

I'd never heard of That Darn Cat though 🙂

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I also watched "Interview with the Vampire" which I'd never seen.

I thought that film was meant to be good?

I thought it was absolutely shit. Struggled to finish it

Think it struggles to hold up and hasn't aged well (like a lot of films from around then). 

Watched a couple of decent ones over the weekend, both better than expected.

Kimi 2022

Zoe Kravitz in a modern techy take on a rear window/the conversation type of scenario. She is great in this and a little naughty which is always a bonus, it's not super good but I enjoyed it.

Scream2022

Loved it, great fun and fused the old with the new to perfection, really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Sony, Disney, Warner stopping the release of new movies in Russia.

No The Batman, Morbius or Turning Red for the Russian public.

Edited by sne
typo

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Batman is reviewing very well.

Good for him, you'd have thought his experiences at the theatre would have tarnished his critical insights.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sony, Disney, Warner stopping the release of new movies in Russia.

No Morbius for the Russian public.

They've gone about that the wrong way; the threat of more Jared Leto would have likely brought immediate regime change.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2BANDOFOUTSIDERS.jpg

Band of Outsiders - I liked it, well paced snappy fun movie with a lot of creativity, I especially loved Anna Karina's dazzling performance.

Edited by useless

55 minutes ago, useless said:

2BANDOFOUTSIDERS.jpg

Band of Outsiders - I liked it, well paced snappy fun movie with a lot of creativity, apparently a big influence on Quentin tarantino.

RIP Anna K 🙏

Watched Slither, James Gunns feature length debut film last night and you can really see where he got some of the ideas for Peacemaker from. I remember seeing it in the cinema when it came out in 2006. Anyway I enjoyed it probably more this time 7/10

• Like 2

Â