Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think as matches go, and what we're looking for, I'm afraid this really does count as 'must win'. As much as I don't like that term. Luckily I think we will.

Thrilled with tonight but just hope we don't look shattered on Sunday as a result, we've been running on empty for a few weeks now, somehow other than at the Emirates.

At least we can rotate in a few players, annoyingly though Rogers has basically played a full 90 despite being benched and we're without Moreno and potentially Zaniolo.

No Dougie still, but he's been off it for a while and we did look very good on Sunday without him involved, so I'm cautiously intrigued to see if it's the same again.

Emery has to take fatigue into account and manage the load of some. Cash played 120 minutes tonight, so not sure he can manage a start for this after his recent return from injury:

……………...….Martinez…………………..

Konsa…..Carlos……Pau…..Digne

………Tielemans …..McGinn……….

Bailey….……..Rogers……….Zaniolo

………………..…Watkins …….……………..

Subs: Olsen, Gauci, Cash, Munroe, Lenglet, Chambers, Kellyman, Diaby, Duran

If Zaniolo isn’t fit then perhaps a start for Duran alongside Watkins? Hit a few long balls and take the pressure off defence and midfield. Possibly even a start for Lenglet but trying not to disrupt the defence again too much.

Tough one this. Would love another win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world. UTV

Edited by ferguson1

Tough, tough game, made tougher by tonight's exertions.

Wonder if there's a case for starting Duran, thought he did ok tonight and might give us a but more energy, physicality and aerial presence in both boxes? 

I doubt we will, not sure he is the type to play off Watkins. We're just so short on numbers to mix things up which is such a shame.

Hopefully we can sneak it, I don't care about the performances now, it's all about results! 

Extra time was not ideal particularly the players looked a bit knackered tonight.  Just got to put in a massive effort on Sunday. I assume Zaniolo is injured and won't play.  Does Carlos come back into the team ? 

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think the players will need the crowd on Sunday, we'll get them over the line with 3 points

Hopefully The 1897 Group who will be based in the Upper Doug Ellis can help with this, we'll need to help boost our exhausted squad!

• Like 2

Excluding the relegation games a few years ago, when was the last time we had a bigger league game at the upper end of the table. This, and the next few games, must be the biggest in over 20 years. We’ve never been this close to the champions league this late in the season. 

15 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Excluding the relegation games a few years ago, when was the last time we had a bigger league game at the upper end of the table. This, and the next few games, must be the biggest in over 20 years. We’ve never been this close to the champions league this late in the season. 

Oldham in '93?

• Like 2

Carlos and Lenglet at the back, Rogers and Bailey to start this one, maybe even start Tim. Or at least go into it knowing subs will be made on the hour maybe

The squad is beginning to look really thin, esp if Zanilolo is out as well. Need to lift themselves for a big effort on Sunday, then a well earned week off.