Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

True also, I just don’t want a repeat of Lille and start so passive. We need to hit the ground running and set the tone. 

There's what I mean, it's at VP. The onus is on us to create the momentum, especially off the back of the shoot - out victory. 

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hopefully the crowd can do it today. We've 3 home games left we need the noise for all of them. Next two are at 8pm 

Three home games left. amazing how fast the season has gone 

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That will be the responsibility of the team to generate that noise. Has it has always been, even in the days of "Rattles".

Doesn’t have to be.

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Three home games left. amazing how fast the season has gone 

Arguably in the top two or three seasons of my 40+ years of supporting Villa. (92/93 & 95/96 being the others)

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It’s funny, over the years you put people on the ignore list and forget about them.

Then once in a while, someone quotes them and you think to yourself, oh yeah - that’s why.

You haven’t missed much, he mostly just bangs on about sheds.

• Haha 3

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Arguably in the top two or three seasons of my 40+ years of supporting Villa. (92/93 & 95/96 being the others)

Same here dude, I’m 38, and the 95/96 was the previous best that I could remember, I sort of remember 93 but I was only 8 so only snippets. It’s been an incredible season, loved it, and so proud of this team regardless of what happens now. 

• Like 1

I don't think I've been this nervous for a league game in my lifetime, going to be like this every week now. Might be the first time that I've spent more focus and worry on the bench than the starting XI. 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Same here dude, I’m 38, and the 95/96 was the previous best that I could remember, I sort of remember 93 but I was only 8 so only snippets. It’s been an incredible season, loved it, and so proud of this team regardless of what happens now. 

66 years old for me, seen it all ups and downs. But still get so bloody excited when we have a season like this VTID

• Like 2