Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

Not confident today but hopeful our patched up squad can get us the 3 points that could well be the difference of us getting in the CL or not.  

Semenyo for Bournemouth looks a talented player so will be important to keep the likes of him and Solanke quiet if we’re going to be successful.

Come on give it your all Villa. UTV!

This is going to be a very hard game. Bournemouth are a very good team, we are thin on numbers, and we will be shattered. I just hope we can get across he line.

19 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

This is going to be a very hard game. Bournemouth are a very good team, we are thin on numbers, and we will be shattered. I just hope we can get across he line.

Hence the push from the club for the fans to do their part today . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Hence the push from the club for the fans to do their part today . 

Need to suck the goal into the net. Listening to UTV podcast with Bournemouth podcaster they have some key injuries but good coach and team. I worry about our fatigue but hopeful for a positive result

• Like 1

If we can overcome our fatigue we should be ok, but this is where our squad depth compared to other top teams lets us down. Some of our players were walking around against Lille. They looked shattered, and that was before another game and extra time.

I expect Tim and Lenglet will start. Possibly Jhon, definitely Bailey, and we'll see Kellyman at some point I reckon. 

Gotta dig deep here, come on boys!! 

I wish i was going to this one.

I would love to be part of the crowd that welcomes the team bus. I can imagine the atmosphere is going to be fantastic greeting the team and inside the ground.

To all of you VT'ers who are going....please give them a roar/shout out from me.

Come on you Villa boys.....one more push.

UTV

• Like 1

Aside from Bournemouth being a decent side on a good run of form as others have said the biggest issue today is going to be tiredness. it is hard to say from just watching the game on the tele but I didn't get the impression that too many of our lads put an all in shift in against Lille. Our performance, whilst not great, was quite controlled and we never seemed at full pelt possibly because of tiredness already but hopefully more that being the plan to conserve energy for the following games. I think you have to factor in that we also ultimately got through on Thursday and the jubilation and adrenaline from that can go some way for making up for any tiredness, certainly mentally. Had we have gone out on Thursday today would have been much tougher. 

I have a feeling we'll plan to win this from the bench again and may well see Bailey on there and coming on with fresh legs around the hour mark again. I also would not be surprised to see Carlos and/or Lenglet come in from the start and possibly Tim.

Will be a tough game but hopefully our backing as fans will help see us over the line. I'm going for a nervy 2-0 win. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

it is hard to say from just watching the game on the tele but I didn't get the impression that too many of our lads put an all in shift in against Lille. Our performance, whilst not great, was quite controlled and we never seemed at full pelt possibly because of tiredness already but hopefully more that being the plan to conserve energy for the following games

One post Lille match podcast said the players looked they were under instruction not to ever break into a sprint or something along those lines

• Like 1

Apart from Arsenal, there are no easy games in the PL these days. It'll be a toughie today for sure. Hopefully we'll have some gas left in the tank after Thursday's epic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Arse and Man City looked shattered yesterday, I’m assuming Villa will be in a similar condition today. 

So lots of energy management against a team that likes to run. It’s going to be difficult, particularly in the first half. Yet as the game goes on, I think we get more and more in to it and get something in the second half

Narrow win to Villa 1-0 or 2-1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Arse and Man City looked shattered yesterday, I’m assuming Villa will be in a similar condition today. 

So lots of energy management against a team that likes to run. It’s going to be difficult, particularly in the first half. Yet as the game goes on, I think we get more and more in to it and get something in the second half

Narrow win to Villa 1-0 or 2-1

Man City not guaranteed to win every game remaining so Arsenal and Liverpool still in title race. Same with us for 4th. While I hope to get a win or at worst a draw against Bournemouth, I hope people don't lose their minds if the fatigue results in a less than favourable result

This game gives me the fear, what with fatigue, injuries, suspensions , playing a decent team, hopefully get the win to stretch the lead over Spurs & make it a great last 7 days.