Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

Brilliant, should set the tone for an electric atmosphere that is needed to give the players a boost and hopefully get them over the line for a huge three points.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Managed to get some tickets for this, 4 of us going. 

Last game I went to was Legia and my Dad printed off the tickets. 

Dumb question - if I was to WhatsApp the pdf to each person going, can they be scanned via a phone on entrance or do I need to print them still? 

I usually buy tickets for all my group and then WhatsApp the PDF’s to them. It always works fine.  

Just make sure when they are using the WhatsApp PDF that they zoom in a little to where the QR code is to make it more central, otherwise it’s a bit too much in the corner of your phone screen to always get picked up by the scanner. 

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Managed to get some tickets for this, 4 of us going. 

Last game I went to was Legia and my Dad printed off the tickets. 

Dumb question - if I was to WhatsApp the pdf to each person going, can they be scanned via a phone on entrance or do I need to print them still? 

There;s a separate thread about tickets. They should be able to add them to the wallet on their phone in case they don't have signal at the turnstile.

Quite like this Bournemouth side, they've got a good up-and-coming manager and have made some interesting signings that have looked good albeit inconsistent as is the norm with young players/ones still settling into the league.

Despite this Villa are the better side and you'd have to be confident of beating them at home on a regular day, but there's really no telling how things will go given the shift put in on Thursday coupled with the number of absentees. Each win however they come at this stage of the season is huge. 

Side note but I stumbled on this Bournemouth fan channel below when we played them last season and found it quite good. Watched their preview for this game and they give a good insight into them whilst being quite complimentary of Villa as well. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Personally, I think its outrageous the Premier League is making us play on Sunday. They surely could have moved it to Monday night. They are all out to get us.

Same for everybody isn't it 

we are daft if we think this is an easy game.

Bournemouth are one of the form teams in the league currently, in the last 7 only 1 loss (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss).

We were also lucky to get a point from them earlier in the season.

fingers crossed for a win, but if we take this one lightly we will be in trouble.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Hopeful but not particularly confident. We’ve always seemed to struggle against Bournemouth and they’re a good side now. 

Coupled with the long tough game on Thursday I think today is going to be a real test. 

It’ll be a huge step towards 4th place if we can win it though 

• Like 1

Worried about today. 

I know Unai has a no excuse culture but it's frustrating that we don't have the players to properly rotate after Thursday. 

An absolute must not lose but if we can only draw then pressure on to beat Chelsea, which will also be tough. 

I don't care how we perform, points are all that matter today.

• Like 3