Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

Pressure was on Arsenal last week. It's on us for Sunday.

Hopefully we can withstand and come away with the right result, as we are more than good enough.

UTV

Edited by est1874

There is a thing about winning, it gives you momentum and believe. I think the positive outcomes Sunday and yesterday can lift the team. Yes it was 120 min yesterday, but we are good at keeping the tempo down in large parts of the game. IMO none of our players looked like  they were on the brink, in fact I think we looked like the team with energy and momentum in ET. Play smart Sunday and nick a 2-0 😉

• Like 3

With Spurs not playing until we have another 2 games completed Bournemouth is THE chance to really pressure spurs. 

we play chelsea after which will be very tough and spurs have three very difficult games ahead of them. 

being 6 points ahead albeit two games more means spurs have to beat 2 out of the top 3…. Good luck to them if they can do that. 

Edited by kidlewis

Tough one this. Think it might be something like:

Emi

Konsa Carlos Lenglet Digne 

Bailey McGinn Tielemans Rogers 

Diaby Watkins 

Hopefully Zaniolo is fit to get minutes. Cash, Duran and Tim to also come on for minutes. 

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 1

We could do with Sinisterra and Semenyo being out. Along with Solanke, they are their biggest threat. Kluivert is hot and cold. Lewis Cook and Christie make everything tick. Their defence can be got at. Will be tough no doubt. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This will be hard as ****. Team is knackered, hardly any rotation possible. Injuries everywhere. 

Bournemouth rested and on form.

It's gonna be a tough game but all of their good form seems to be at home.

Lost to Luton in their last away game.

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This will be hard as ****. Team is knackered, hardly any rotation possible. Injuries everywhere. 

Bournemouth rested and on form.

Bournemouth have injuries aswell luckily.

I think we'll see Diego Carlos back in. Maybe Konsa to RB to give Cashy a breather as it was 120 minutes after a hamstring so have to be careful.

Digne could do with a breather so annoying that Moreno is out again for a few weeks.

Going to be tough for Tielemans aswell so I'd like to see Tim come in for this to give him less ground to cover as Bournemouth do press a fair bit.

Zaniolo out aswell so really if we stick with 4-2-3-1 we won't really have anyone bar Duran to come on and change things with 20 minutes left.

Feels like a bit of a 1-1 to me. I agree with the above we're really going to need the Holte End on good form to drag us through if we're 1-0 up with 15 minutes left. I'll be in the Holte for this game so will play my part.

29 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We could do with Sinisterra and Semenyo being out. Along with Solanke, they are their biggest threat. Kluivert is hot and cold. Lewis Cook and Christie make everything tick. Their defence can be got at. Will be tough no doubt. 

Kluivert went off with a hamstring in the Man. United game so not sure if he's going to be involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Kluivert went off with a hamstring in the Man. United game so not sure if he's going to be involved.

Just seen he is in training

• Thanks 1

Bournemouth always have impressed me in a limited times I have seen them this season. One of our toughest away games. Solanke is one of the best strikers in the league.

Our players must be tired so fatigue will set in but on the other end, that penalty shootout win lifts the confidence and the players must be on cloud 9 right now.
So its hard to call. Win would be a massive step towards securing 4th. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Bournemouth have injuries aswell luckily.

I think we'll see Diego Carlos back in. Maybe Konsa to RB to give Cashy a breather as it was 120 minutes after a hamstring so have to be careful.

Digne could do with a breather so annoying that Moreno is out again for a few weeks.

Going to be tough for Tielemans aswell so I'd like to see Tim come in for this to give him less ground to cover as Bournemouth do press a fair bit.

Zaniolo out aswell so really if we stick with 4-2-3-1 we won't really have anyone bar Duran to come on and change things with 20 minutes left.

Feels like a bit of a 1-1 to me. I agree with the above we're really going to need the Holte End on good form to drag us through if we're 1-0 up with 15 minutes left. I'll be in the Holte for this game so will play my part.

I guess Carlos will come back in but wary that he struggled in the away game. Cash surely can't start again though.

Think we need our best team out there, try and get a fast start and then make changes 2nd half if need be.

Emi

Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Digne

Tielemans, McGinn

Bailey                          Rogers

Diaby, Watkins

Cash, Tim, Zaniolo and Duran to come on

• Like 2

Our game after Bournemouth is 6 days gap, so if players are raring to go I say we go as full strength as we can to get the 3 points, then perhaps give them an extended rest day off next week.

Hopefully we get a better ref than the last one that we had v Bournemouth, who kept letting their players away with yellows while booking ours, Semenyo should have been sent off in the last game, but was allowed to stay on and score.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

Unless Emery makes a lot of changes, I can see this being like the Brentford game, and can see a draw as we'll be very tired.

If we can get a draw here, with the players better rested we can beat Chelsea.  4 points from these two games would not be the worst return.