Pre-match thread - Cup Final 6 of 10

ender4

Fatigue is the main opposition here rather than Bournemouth but it will make a big difference if Villa can get the win which I feel they will do.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Aside from Bournemouth being a decent side on a good run of form as others have said the biggest issue today is going to be tiredness. it is hard to say from just watching the game on the tele but I didn't get the impression that too many of our lads put an all in shift in against Lille. Our performance, whilst not great, was quite controlled and we never seemed at full pelt possibly because of tiredness already but hopefully more that being the plan to conserve energy for the following games. I think you have to factor in that we also ultimately got through on Thursday and the jubilation and adrenaline from that can go some way for making up for any tiredness, certainly mentally. Had we have gone out on Thursday today would have been much tougher. 

I have a feeling we'll plan to win this from the bench again and may well see Bailey on there and coming on with fresh legs around the hour mark again. I also would not be surprised to see Carlos and/or Lenglet come in from the start and possibly Tim.

Will be a tough game but hopefully our backing as fans will help see us over the line. I'm going for a nervy 2-0 win. 

I always find it difficult to fully comprehend fatigue.....it seems to be more of a modern game issue.

I can see us playing slow, or sluggish, but remain unsure, as to the reason.

It didn't seem to be as talked about, years back, for a variety of reasons....other than just too many games.

This is going to be a tough one...and teams will be aware of our aims, and try to spoil the party.....patience is key.

crowd need to be up for this one....and stay with the team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Sorry for your loss mate. He is going to the game with though as you are taking him with you by thinking about him now and you'll carry those thoughts and him with you throughout today. Enjoy the day mate. 

Thank you pal, appreciated. 

Hope we can all enjoy it with 3 wonderful points 🙏

• Like 1

I think we’ll aim to start fast and try to blow them away first half as we did to sides earlier in the season. I don’t see us rotating much because simply, we have no real options for it (aside from in defence).

27 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

En route now, it's the first home game I've been to since Dean Smith's first Villa match against Swansea.

My dad used to take me on the train a fair bit when I was younger, so I wanted to return the favour that day and take him. Hopefully we can get the same result (1-0).

Unfortunately he passed away in January, so I feel a little emotional sat on the train, on my own, thinking about all the times he used to take me and now he's not here. Hopefully he's watching and can bring some good luck upon us!

Hoping for a great atmosphere, and can't wait to see Villa Park again in all it's glory, been far too long.

We got this!👊

UTV 💜💙

sorry to hear of your loss too...mark is right, he'll be with you.

hope you enjoy your day.

ps I use to go with my Dad too.....I sense how you're feeling.

UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

sorry to hear of your loss too...mark is right, he'll be with you.

hope you enjoy your day.

ps I use to go with my Dad too.....I sense how you're feeling.

UTV

Thank you mate. 

It wont be long before I'm taking my young boy (he's only 20 months), so I'm already VERY excited about that, and he has no choice in the matter 😅 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

En route now, it's the first home game I've been to since Dean Smith's first Villa match against Swansea.

My dad used to take me on the train a fair bit when I was younger, so I wanted to return the favour that day and take him. Hopefully we can get the same result (1-0).

Unfortunately he passed away in January, so I feel a little emotional sat on the train, on my own, thinking about all the times he used to take me and now he's not here. Hopefully he's watching and can bring some good luck upon us!

Hoping for a great atmosphere, and can't wait to see Villa Park again in all it's glory, been far too long.

We got this!👊

UTV 💜💙

Hopefully you enjoy the day.  You Yorkshire born and bred? 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think we’ll aim to start fast and try to blow them away first half as we did to sides earlier in the season. I don’t see us rotating much because simply, we have no real options for it (aside from in defence).

I think the polar opposite. Start fast and blow them away just doesn't seem to be Emery's style in games where fatigue may be an issue. 

Energy conservation, methodical build up and intelligent use of subs will be order of the day I feel. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I'd take a point today if it meant we beat Chelsea after a free midweek to rest and prepare.

4 points from the 2 games would be a good enough return to gamble on Spurs losing 3 of their remaining 6

I'd take 4 too but would prefer them the other way round 😅

Posted (edited)

Big, big game today. A win would give us a 6 point cushion and we'll be playing a tired Chelsea side 4 days after their game away at Arsenal to hopefully make it a 9 point gap.

Edited by villarule123