Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Bollocks, he got kneed in the thigh

You're wasting your time. People just want to hate on him. Typical of much of our fanbase unfortunately. 

Our squad is pretty much decimated atm but that wont stop some bitching over anything they can think of.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Ref high-fiving Foden. Hope he can get his autograph in the tunnel. 

Truly weird. Like he was congratulating him on his hattrick. Don't think the most biased ref in the world in our favour would have changed the outcome of this game, but still hardly professional.

If we can avoid conceding again I'll be happy.

Edited by MrBlack

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

He's been good, certainly, but why else would we take arguably our most important player out for this game?

Because he was ill 

Nothing more to it 

The only way we compete against thus lot is with a full squad and then we need them all on song.

Take out half of our players and all of our key players and this is what happens. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Is there something more to this than just being frustrated at him scoring against us? 

Yeah… he’s a Manc…

which means he would be easily one of the least missed of British peoples should one of them be eradicated overnight…

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

He's been good, certainly, but why else would we take arguably our most important player out for this game?

I'm not sure of your point - Martinez is ill, so Olsen has played.  And, then, Olsen has played well.  I don't know what the relevance of him playing has to do with us being 4-1 down.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

They have luxuries we don’t but full strength was the only option tonight 

Martin O’Neill says hello 

This was a free hit, especially with the players we had out. On the positive we have made some excellent chances, a few more minutes in the legs of the young ones like Rogers etc, so I'm neither surprised or pissed off. To be in our position and fighting for top 4 is amazing. If we get it then that really is some achievement with this squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Safe to say goal difference now gone as a factor with Spurs. Their 4-0 thumping of us and this thumping puts an end to that. 

WTF are you talking about? Even if they scored another 2 before FT that's still bollocks

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

City aren't a rival top 4 side, those 3 above us are In a league of their own. We played well but the 3rd goal killed us, we was unlucky not to make it 2-2 and the 2nd goal we conceeded was so silly

Yes those 3 are a league above the rest but the facts are we are in the top 4 only a small number of points behind city which is remarkable this far into the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

It's crazy that they don't even step toe around it, they talk about the strength of their bench but never even mention that city have spent near £2bn compared to villas circa £500m (?) and not only does the disparity kill the league and city winning it for a 4th time would be **** shite it's all built on cheating 

But the PL is so exciting who cares? 

And when we play Brentford they won’t mention how much more we have spent either.  The Premier League has been about the biggest budgets winning the league for as long as I have followed it. 

• Thanks 1