• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

I do think Unai shat the bed a little bit with the starting lineup. I guess the difference between him and previous managers is that he saw it and fixed it.

If the right players are available on the bench they were available to start.

I think Zani has some great potential, but he gets and earns stupid cautions every single match.   Could have (perhaps should have) gotten a second stupid caution for a red today (throwing the ball away).   Having passion deos not mean that you can't also be too smart to risk stupid cards.

• Like 1

First time under Emery I didn't have a clue what we were trying to do first half as we looked clueless. Fair play to him though he got it spot on in the second half and his subs changed the game. Would have been a real injustice had we lost it at the end as only one team tried to play football in that second half.  I couldn't watch that tripe West Ham serve up every week.

That maintains our record of not having lost two league games on the bounce all season (actually since start of May) which shows how much character we have in this team.

That could be a really valuable point come the end of the season. 

• Like 3

I’ve been waiting for the day that VillaTalk turns against Emery and I’m wondering if this is it. 

Perfectly justified of course - a disastrous performance today to keep us 3 points clear in 4th place. 🙃

• Like 3

Just now, srsmithusa said:

I think Zani has some great potential, but he gets and earns stupid cautions every single match.   Could have (perhaps should have) gotten a second stupid caution for a red today (throwing the ball away).   Having passion deos not mean that you can't also be too smart to risk stupid cards.

Definitely an issue. I think yellows are handed out much more frequently now for silly things, he needs to cut that out of his game.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ref made that an absolute misery. Had so many chances to win this game so it’s a shame we didn’t get all three but I’ll take the point. Still keeps us up.

Definately did and was going to slate him, but he did his job at the end so all is forgiven!

Given the players that are unavailable, it was a good result. 

Though, thought Emery got this one wrong with his starting line up. 

We look so vulnerable from set pieces, can't wait for Mings to come back. 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

When West Ham scored their second I turned off stream, BBC and Google were still showing the score as 2-1 for ages afterwards, so had no idea it had been ruled out, which isn't very interesting, but makes the result feel better to me as I had thought we'd lost right at the end which would have been gutting and was in fact so when I thought it to be the case

I did exactly the same. Paddled out the river and sat on the shore waiting a lifetime for that life - raft. Like you, I would have been gutted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Really? He was entitled to go for the ball, showed great strength and is arguably fouled in the box. The ref takes the easy option in booking them both instead. It’s why he didn’t punish the dissent because Alvarez who was already on a yellow pulled his arm back cynically which is an obvious yellow. He was right to be mad. Ref didn’t give Nico any help. 

• Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

First time under Emery I didn't have a clue what we were trying to do first half as we looked clueless. Fair play to him though he got it spot on in the second half and his subs changed the game. Would have been a real injustice had we lost it at the end as only one team tried to play football in that second half.  I couldn't watch that tripe West Ham serve up every week.

I think the combination of West Ham pressing very correctly against our two left playing CBs (they forced specially Lenglet to use his right foot when playing out from behind) and Tieleman and Luiz not being available made it very difficult for us in the first half. We just were not our usual self with the ball.

3 midfielders not starting of our best midfield was always going to hurt. . Tielemans playing a position he struggles in. 2 left footers in central defence rather than playing Cash rb. No Diaby from the off. Lots of strange decisions but ultimately a very valuable point and still unbeaten in London under Emery. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Zani once again coming on and making something happen. I would start him next game after such a lovely goal, he made it look easier than it was.

Watkins, dreadful. Duran just couldn't get the service to find that spark, Tielemans at times is a luxury. 

Special mention for Matty with a superb point saving block.

Zaniolo actually looked pretty good today. May be finally growing into the player we expected him to be.

Thank God Moyes took off Antonio and basically just let us play for the last half hour.  Completely **** West Ham.  Seeing Ward-Prowse coming on turned my guts to water, you just know he is going to do something, Cash gets MOTM for the block and some decent runs down the right.  I'll take the Ajax win and a draw here, Spurs loss gladly.

• Like 1

Â