• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

I said to myself a point before the game would be a decent result and happy we are leaving with a point. We could’ve played better in the first half and I think the personnel was wrong. Much needed break now.

• Like 2

Terrible first half, mainly due to a strange selection by Emery. Having both Duran & Rodgers is at least one too many to carry. Both way too raw atm. Second halt was rather good, mainly thanks to the subs who were very good.

Think we were unlucky not to win but also extremely lucky not to lose. Go figure. I'll take a point tbh.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Awful first half. Much much better second half. 

Got lucky with VAR. We’re so bad at defending set pieces at the moment

Yeah it's atrocious. We desperately need to start working on this.

Voted Zaniolo man of the match, despite his attempts to get sent off, because it feels good. Diaby and Cash both deserve a nod though. Some of the most impactful subs we've had this season tbh

Thought the game was actually fairly well refereed on-field, didn't get why we didn't get a pen for the first half handball with how deliberately bigger he was making himself with the hand, both of their disallowed goals were correct applications of a pedantic law with the second being more clear cut if anything. Shame that circus distracted from going for a winner (was the free kick soft as well?), in reality that game had turned into a good point for West Ham

• Like 1

On the goal ruled out at the end the clearest foul is the fact Souchek is clearly pulling the jersey off Konsa. It’s a clear foul. Ignore all the handball bs. 

• Like 3

Still 4th, goal difference of 1 against Tottenham if they win there game in hand, obviously depends how many goals they score. Good rest now, back on it after the break for the run in.

• Like 2

It’s difficult for Unai with the missing players, but the starting lineups in the last two games were a problem… subs rectified the Luton game and salvaged a point today…

• Like 1

Strange game. Subs and tactical tweak with the second double sub made a massive difference. On the balance I genuinely think we were the stronger team and deserved to win - against a good (albeit negative) West Ham team.

I have NO IDEA why West Ham and the commentators (Optus) were crying over that late disallowed goal. It was really obvious handball, also offside, also fouls in there. The female commentator in particular was willing on West Ham all game I had to mute her first half. 

Id have taken a point before the game so i’ll take that. With two of McGinn, Kamara, Ramsey, Costa, Buendia and Mings we’d have won that comfortably.

Would have taken a draw before we started and I think it’s a fair reflection of how we came back in the second half. 

Good use of subs by Emery. Good to see the much slagged off Zaniolo get a key goal. Got feeling Diaby is hitting a bit of form , which is good news for our run in.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Forget Rogers & Duran… get Diaby and Zaniolo starting in this team.

Digne deserves to be ahead of Moreno for now too…

Said a couple of months back while Zaniolo wasn't performing well the team seemed to be doing well when he was in the starting 11. Problem was he kept getting booked and hook early.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I hope this puts an end to starting Lenglet as CB and marks the return to using Konsa and Torres there.

He's mostly fine against teams that give us time, he's far too uncertain against anyone that presses him.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He got conned by Soucek falling over too when Nico touched him on the shoulder. 

Agreed. The last 20mins he was terrible. So many wrong decisions and nonsensical yellow cards. 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

On the goal ruled out at the end the clearest foul is the fact Souchek is clearly pulling the jersey off Konsa. It’s a clear foul. Ignore all the handball bs. 

Yep, he pulls Ezri down to get an unfair advantage. Bowen’s offside too. Watch Gollum go cry about that in the post match though. 

Zani once again coming on and making something happen. I would start him next game after such a lovely goal, he made it look easier than it was.

Watkins, dreadful. Duran just couldn't get the service to find that spark, Tielemans at times is a luxury. 

Special mention for Matty with a superb point saving block.

Â