• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

Honestly think any of the three subs could easily deserve MOTM, but it's hard for me to give MOTM to someone who only plays 45 of it, after the opponent is tiring.  On that bias alone, I gave it to Torres.

A very good point away to a bogey team for Villa particularly without McGinn or Kamara in the engine room.

Bonus that Zaniolo scored which will do his confidence no harm at all.

The international break has come at exactly the right time for Villa. Some players treading in mud over last few games hence Emery’s selection today while giving time for injuries to heal.

2 minutes ago, smg said:

About time we binned him off then ? Especially as Jamie has spoken. 
Or

this could be the biggest load of bollox written on here today.

That last line is quite the condemnation.  You must not have read any of my posts.  😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd hardly call getting a point from a difficult away fixture, one we haven't won in 13 years, with so many of our key players missing and while juggling European football, "making a mess".

He did though. We started with too little experience and fortunately he realised his mistake and corrected it for the second half. 

In essence we gave Spurs too much respect starting 5 at the back at home, then gave West Ham too little respect starting Rogers and Duran away. 

Fortunately Emery realised his mistake in time today and we ended the weekend in a solid position. 

• Like 2

I think we're exactly as good as I think we are tbh

It was a weird lineup today but I don't know how to solve the lack of McGinn or Kamara in midfield against physical opposition in a way that works for 90 minutes, if Emery's not chucking Iroegbunam in there he must not be ready/up to it tbh

Good point noting the injury problems we have, plus McGinn's suspension, Emery is clearly trying to manage the workload of the players.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The setup to start the game was a mess. We were rubbish. As I said, he fixed it at half time to our usual look and it was much better..

You know it's okay to disagree with some things Emery does or is that now allowed on VillaTalk?

He tried something which given our injuries and suspensions was understandable which didn't work out, which he sorted and we got a point.

Again, that's not "making a mess".

Also who said criticism of Emery wasn't allowed?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Zaniolo actually looked pretty good today. May be finally growing into the player we expected him to be.

You certainly wouldn't begrudge him that. Real live - wire today. 

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thank God Moyes took off Antonio and basically just let us play for the last half hour.  Completely **** West Ham.  

Moyes going to Moyes. His attempt to sit back and win 1-0 cost them the win in the end. No wonder his own fans hate him.

• Like 1

To be fair the line up looked good, I don’t think they tactically out done us - just got a goal when they were on top and kept their shape really well and we were stupidly sloppy.  We always had the better bench, and prob would have gambled on being able to make effective changes second half (just hopeful it was 0-0 and not behind) to get us a point or 3.  Happy the VAR got to the right decisions, the lost would have been bad but not end of world, but the drama of it all would have been worse.

break to get some players back/fitter and hit it hard for last leg

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

🤣🤣🤣

DD-handsome-PL-managers-v2TABLE-2.jpg

I don't get Arteta. Dude always looks like he wears guyliner and has recently been crying.

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Arteta 2nd.. he looks like Captain black of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons

Haha. Yes. Yes he does!

Â