• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Arteta 2nd.. he looks like Captain black of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons

😂😂😂 have no reactions left but that made me laugh!

Think that is Zaniolo's second PL goal and both have gained us a point.  Those two points could be vital come the end of the season.

Edited by allani
  • Like 4

"This is the voice of PMGOL. Your planet is doomed. Here, let me lay out all of our plans so that Carey Grant can **** us up."

I appreciate I may be a bit off topic at this point. West Ham can suck balls. Ah there we are.

Got out of jail there in lots of ways , good to see VAR favouring the big clubs though 

Moyes did his usual negative thing but they didn’t quite stick to the plan and the one time they really over committed we punished them with a goal 

was excepting a loss today so that’s a point gained 

Edited by tonyh29

A bit relieved with the draw at the end despite feeling like we could have won it at 1-1. We looked really comfortable for the first 20 minutes before inviting West Ham into it with our wayward passing. Martinez, Lenglet, Torres and Tielemans particularly were really struggling to retain possession. 

The impact of the subs was very encouraging, particularly Zaniolo and Diaby, both of whom we need to contribute more from here onwards. Cash and Digne gave us much better shape and attacking outlets going forward. Digne looked dangerous on the left. It was frustrating that we seemed reluctant to get more of the ball to him. He was within inches of finding Zaniolo for the winner, which I felt was coming in the last 10 minutes before West Ham took back the initiative by winning set pieces and creating havoc. Bizarre that the goal at the end took so long to rule out but relieved that they came to the right decision and it left the draw feeling a bit more satisfying. 

I voted for Cash as MOTM. He stepped up going forward and made a huge defensive block. 

The only real problem with the starting line-up was Duran starting ahead of Diaby, but all in all it made sense, we went more attack minded to compensate for the absence of some of our more defensively capable players, that is Kamara, McGInn, and even Ramsey The reason it didn't work first half is because our defenders kept giving the ball away, if you're going to play attack as a form of defence, then need to actually keep the ball, otherwise going to invite pressure, it wasn't Emery or the system's fault, it was individual players making silly errors. The nature of the line-up in the second half when we were much better wasn't much different, if anything it was more attack minded, as we brought of a central defender for more of an attacked minded right-back, and replaced an attack with another attacker, and then the later subs were very attack minded Emery gave people what they were asking for after the Spurs loss, can't have it both ways Also West Ham played very well in their own way, in terms of hard work and making it very difficult for us, if they play like that against Tottenham they will have a chance of helping us in that game

As a work in progress, we have some pretty poor squad players who just cannot replicate the excellent first choice players that get injured or suspended. 

Hopefully, in time, we will have a much stronger squad and not have to rely on the likes of Duran, Lenglet, Rogers, Tim etc....

Happy with a point.

Need to beat Wolves as we will not get anything at Cheating bastards FC,

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Cash-Konsa-Pau-Digne makes much more sense and looked much better. 

And I don’t think starting that back 4 is a big stretch - it’s all players in their natural positions.

It just goes back to me thinking that he needs to just put some trust in certain players and keep them in their best positions instead of trying to jigsaw a certain XI in. 

Cash did end up looking better, but prior to kick-off I don't necessarily think that was obvious at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, birdman said:

We need to look at the bigger picture rather than nitpicking Unai's ideas. We're STILL sat in 4th place which by rights (and given our injury problems), we probably have no right to be. Unai has dragged us here kicking, screaming and still fighting. Its pretty incredible really. 

Yup there’s a bigger picture these young inexperienced players need to develop we can’t send them on loan and sign an expensive older replacement until they are ready to start regular . Very short sited some on here. West Ham struggled to deal with us early on then we started making mistakes to let them back into the game.

• Like 2

Happily take those two overruled goals. Second game in a row we should have had an early penalty and VAR has inexplicably failed to intervene. At 1-0 to us it's potentially a much different outcome.

I gave motm to Cash, who really drive us forward and crucially gave Bailey and Diaby scope to make space for themselves. Incredible block too 

Playing Konsa at RB is not working. He's out best defender - he needs to be there at RCB defending.

• Like 1