Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

I remember watching Rob Jones referee that Yankee tournament we were in and thinking he was an utter cock who loved himself and it was all about him. Sad to see I was right.

Another paid off corrupt as fook prick.

Arsenal fans appear to have been right then…? not great at the moment really. All a bit poor. Think part of me blames the players more, but some of this has to be on the coaching as well. 2 months of rubbish now. Where do we go from here? 

Edited by Tayls

Worst call of the half by a long way was the ref not even going to give a free kick when Fernandes lunged in! Just gave it because the assistant did and then didn't book Fernandes for a far worse foul than what he did book the other two for.

Man. United at the back are an accident waiting to happen, we just have to keep the ball moving and one will drop for us.

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Agreed. However I don’t understand why that wasn’t a penalty as Dalot clearly knocks into him causing Moreno to fall?

It's a contact sport. You can't just put the breaks on and get a foul and over the past few years especially from defenders it's the one thing that annoys more than anything 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Ramsey has actually had a good game on the whole but his finishing is as bad as Zaniolo’s

Well, we know he CAN finish, it just highlights the need for patience with players.

As you say he has looked better on the whole, so hopefully the finishing comes back, today would be nice.

• Like 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

My only criticism of our team is we need to be more clinical in the final third. I’d also like to see a bit more creativity from Dougie. 

getting in great positions but then making the wrong decisions 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

IT IS. THE SHIT REFS OMG.

Every. Single. ****. Match. Thread. 

It’s bloody painful. Maybe we are just blind to this massive conspiracy against Villa and this recruitment of only Man Utd supporting refs that has amazingly never been leaked. 

6 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

In the most calm, rational and objective way, I feel I can take a step back from this game and my partisan allegiance, and nevertheless declare that I really hope that ratty bastard Fernandes suffers a career-ending injury. 

Probably get banned if I said what I hope would happen to that Concorde-faced rabbit-toothed fuckwad

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ozvilla28 said:

Need to take our chances and start the half with high intensity and urgency because our starts have been poor.

This. We need to swarm them and play with passion and purpose. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The ref giving that foul and the Lino not giving offside is literally the reason it’s 1-0. It’s terrible officiating. 

Those offsides are never given anymore. It’s left up to VAR to check if a goal is scored.

We should have just done our job and defended the corner instead of complaining about referees but with our 4th and 5th choice centre backs on against Manchester United we’re always a chance for a mistake. 

Just hope this doesn’t go the same way our last 2 home games have gone where you think we will come out with a fast start and we concede quite quickly. Man Utd there for the taking 

We've played well, had the majority of decent chances and picked the wrong option 9 out of 10 times.

Ramsey guilty at least 3 times when we were attacking and in a great position, picking the wrong option, he also had a very good chance and put it wide.

Cash, again calls for the ball, gets it and breaks down any forward momentum. Not sure if he's been told to not pass it forwards unless Bailey has come deep and man marked but its pretty pointless, wastes possession and allows them to re group when he can either progress it or pass inside to the ever open kamara but back it goes most of the time.

Mcginn was the only one to take a shot when it had opened up and it took a good save to stop it thundering in.

I would give it 10 to 15 minutes and if we haven't scored, look to diaby for Bailey as he's not been involved although he's not really been given the ball unless in tight spots away from danger.

Hopefully we can pop 3 quick goals in to settle us all down 🤞🤞🤞

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Agreed. However I don’t understand why that wasn’t a penalty as Dalot clearly knocks into him causing Moreno to fall?

That’s never a penalty. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Villa fans always say Maguire is shit. He’s been their best defender so far so and far better than our reserve defenders.

Imagine the shit on here if we had tried to buy him