wishywashy

We' only sold Chukwuemeka

Raikhy, Appiah, Sylla, Lindley, Sewell, Reddin, Ableedn-Goodrige and Brad Young were all released

Aaron Ramsey was injured and Philogene too old to play

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Extremely excited about this one.  Watching his mixtape it shows how athletic he is and how good a touch, vision and smooth passing ability he has . Calm as well .  He has 4 players in front of him at Arsenal blocking his pathway that were signed by Arteta for i think over 125 mill .  Here he has 2 x 31 year olds. 

So this isnt about not being good enough for Arsenal. Its about his contract coming up and i guess not wanting to stop developing.  If Kosta is exciting at right back then there should be equal excitement for this man at LB.

• Like 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Maybe send him back to Arsenal on loan so he can continue to develop before being ready for us next season?

I would love that just for the wind ups but he is going to Plymouth on loan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Hopefully we move both on given their age (both 31 in June/July) and go big on a left back this summer as well as a right back and potentially move Cash on too. Feel if we had elite full backs it would make a big difference to the team.

I think it's obvious that we will move Digne on given his wages and the shorter time left on his contract while Moreno will stay sand Lino will compete with him for a season or two before we sign/bring through another LB.

It's excellent forward thinking. We won't be signing another LB in the summer.

Wow, this has moved quickly. He's signed and disappeared off to Plymouth before I'd even noticed the thread, leaving only pages upon pages of floor-related puns in his wake. Well done to @lexicon and @LondonLax for putting in a strong performance in the critical early stages.

Anyway, seems an exciting signing from what I know about him (absolutely nothing). I do like the way we seem to be setting up a conveyor belt of affordable young talent into our first team, given we've already got a solid spine of more expensive and experienced players to build around.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I think it's obvious that we will move Digne on given his wages and the shorter time left on his contract while Moreno will stay sand Lino will compete with him for a season or two before we sign/bring through another LB.

Depends how good this young left back is. If he's nowhere near ready we will have a weaker squad going into next season which surely isn't the plan if we want to get better. 

Digne has been our best left back this season by far and Moreno hasn't shown the levels he showed from last season so if Digne's off we need a proven replacement IMO.

Edited by Leeroy

49 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We will use Pau in LB also with Mings and Konsa in CB when we want a back 3. So gives us two young full backs, two senior ones and our 4 CBs two of whom can play in full back

• Like 1

Â