wishywashy

He's a more PL ready version of Kosta. Tall - @TRO - pacey, good on the ball with an eye for a pass.

Clear signs of the type of player we are trying to recruit and smart from Monchi and co. to focus on developing our defenders first.

• Like 2

Had a peak at the Arsenal forum, they're disappointed but not overly surprised, seems a complete disaster for youth over there with no paths to the first team.

Sousa is talented to be fair. Proper modern full back but with good athleticism. Expect him to debut within the next 6-12 months and we'll hear gooners crying on twitter for weeks when it happens.

• Like 1

Don’t really know what any of this means but I’m guessing it’s something along the lines of more home grown players on the books even if they’re on loan might allow us an additional foreign player in the squad? 

Anyone know specifically?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Had a peak at the Arsenal forum, they're disappointed but not overly surprised, seems a complete disaster for youth over there with no paths to the first team.

Pretty much what my mates are saying, they are having a complete shit show with their academy. Also doesn’t help that Arteta says they need help, anyways if the reviews are true then it benefits us.

15 minutes ago, VBM said:

I'm going to assume a few years ago West Brom's academy was something akin to Brazil 1970 given all the highly rated players who came out from there. 

That's why they brought in the forward thinking, dynamic managers they did

*checks notes*
Pulis? Megson? Pardew? Bilic? Allardyce? Bruce?

Wow. No wonder they rioted.

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Pitch at Villa Park should suit him. It's  like a carpet

Good effort... younger gen may not get it - "vinyl sheet flooring" is the new lino... 😆

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I believe good sir, that ‘Lino’ is a common abbreviation for ‘Linoleum’ which is in fact an economical and practical covering for floors, often used in kitchens and other wet rooms. 

Hence the posters comment about being ‘floored’ by this signing was not a reference to the posters state of mind but in fact a witty play on words. A pun if you will. 

I don't get it. Can you elaborate more? 

58 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Absolutely floored by this signing 

Yeah, I reckon Premier League players will walk all over him. 

Â